Draw The Line

37: INT. TOUR BUS NIGHT

CUT TO:

Joe comforts Rachael.

RACHAEL: (crying softly)

JOE: (comes in) Hey Rach. You okay?

RACHAEL: Hi Joe... I'm fine.

JOE: I heard you and Steven talking... Is it true? Are you pregnant?

RACHAEL: (nods sadly)

JOE: Listen Rachael, if there's anything we can do, we're all here for you. (hugs her tightly)

RACHAEL: Thanks Joe.

JOE: We've been talking, we're gonna send Steven back to rehab and we're gonna make sure he gets clean this time.

RACHAEL: I hope he does.

JOE: He will, I promise. And listen, I'm not making excuses for him but you should know, he never hits anyone when he's sober.

RACHAEL: I know...

JOE: (looks deeply into her eyes) (slowly pulls her closer and kisses her)

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Suddenly Joe pulled me closer to him and softly kissed my lips. As wrong as it was, it weirdly felt right, but I knew we couldn't do it." (gently pushes him away) Joe... We can't, I'm with Steven.

JOE: (comes to his senses) I'm sorry Rach... I don't know what came over me. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.

RACHAEL: It's okay. Will you drive me back to the hotel?

JOE: Sure, I just gotta grab my guitar. (gets off)

38: INT. DRESSING ROOM NIGHT

CUT TO:

Joe goes to get Steven.

JOE: (comes in to find Steven passed out) Steven, get up. We're leaving.

STEVEN: (no response)

JOE: (shakes him gently) Steven, come on man, get up.

STEVEN: (still no response)

JOE: Oh shit. (slaps him) Stevie, come on...

39: INT. HOSPITAL NIGHT

DISSOLVE TO:

Steven's been rushed to the hospital.

DOCTOR: Mrs. Tallarico? Hi, your husband is awake.

RACHAEL: Thank God, is he gonna be alright?

DOCTOR: He's going to be fine, but we should look into getting him treatment.

RACHAEL: I agree. Can I see him?

DOCTOR: Of course, right this way. (both go in)

40: INT. HOSPITAL ROOM NIGHT

CUT TO:

Rachael visits Steven.

RACHAEL: (comes in)

STEVEN: (looks at her sadly) Hey.

RACHAEL: Hi... How are you doing?

STEVEN: Okay.

RACHAEL: Good... (sits down) We need to talk Steven.

STEVEN: I know.

RACHAEL: Have you been seeing Cyrinda behind my back?

STEVEN: No, I promise you. She snuck past security and started kissing me. I swear to God.

RACHAEL: (nods) Ok... What about the coke?

STEVEN: (sighs) I had a relapse.

RACHAEL: (sighs) Steven, look at me.

STEVEN: (looks at her)

RACHAEL: You need to hear me on this. I will NOT sit here and watch you die. You're going back to Betty Ford in the morning.

STEVEN: (nods in agreement) I will.

RACHAEL: Thank you.

STEVEN: Rachael, I am so sorry... For everything, I never meant to hurt you... I love you.

RACHAEL: (looks down) I love you too, but I've had it, we've only been married a month and I'm already considering a divorce.

STEVEN: I don't blame you, I've been an asshole. I won't even ask you to stay... What about the baby?

RACHAEL: You need to get clean first before I let you anywhere near our baby.

STEVEN: I understand... What about us?

RACHAEL: Get clean first. Then maybe we can work on fixing us.

STEVEN: Ok... I love you Rachael.

RACHAEL: (gently caresses his cheek) I know you do... I'll see you in the morning. (Slowly gets up and leaves)