Jig Is Up

68: INT. JOE'S APARTMENT (BEDROOM) DAY FADE IN: 

The next day... 

RACHAEL: (wakes up)

JOE: Good morning. 

RACHAEL: Morning. 

JOE: Did you sleep okay? 

RACHAEL: Yeah... Joe?

JOE: Yeah? 

RACHAEL: What happened between you and Billie? 

JOE: Oh, apparently Tim called her and said I was using again. 

RACHAEL: But you're not. 

JOE: I know... She didn't believe me. 

RACHAEL: (realizes something) (eyes widen) Joe... If you're not using and Tim called Billie saying you were... Then that means... 

JOE: (eyes widen) Steven was telling the truth... Oh shit. (quickly gets up) 

69: INT. STUDIO DAY

Joe calls an emergency band meeting. 

STEVEN: (they all come in) Joe, what the hell is so important? I got a wicked hangover. 

JOE: Listen, Tim called each of our wives and told them we were using again, I called and told him to meet us so he should be here any minute. 

TIM: (comes in)

JOE: (they all glare at him coldly) 

TIM: What? 

JOE: Where the hell do you get off calling our wives and making us out to look like junkies? 

TIM: Look, Aerosmith is going down the drain, you guys wrote all your best songs while you were high. 

STEVEN: Man, we're killing ourselves. 

TIM: If it makes good music, it's worth it. 

STEVEN: (shoves him up against the wall) LISTEN TO ME YOU BASTARD! THANKS TO YOUR LITTLE STUNT, MY WIFE IS LEAVING ME!

TIM: I was only trying to help the band, and you don't need that broad! 

STEVEN: (punches him in the face) 

JOE: (holds him back) Steven, chill. 

STEVEN: (to Tim) You're out! 

TIM: Whatever, Aerosmith is gonna crash and burn without me. 

STEVEN: We already crashed and burned with you man, get out of here.

TIM: (storms out)

JOE: (pats Steven's back) You okay man? 

STEVEN: Joe... I started using again. 

JOE: (sighs) When? 

STEVEN: Last night... After Rachael left... I just couldn't take it. 

JOE: It's okay man, it happens... But we need to get this under control. 

STEVEN: What's the point? She's gone! 

JOE: Yes, because of the drugs. But if you can get clean for good this time, you might have one last shot with her. 

STEVEN: I know... You're right. 

JOE: And this time, you're not going through this alone... We'll go into rehab with you. 

STEVEN: You will? 

JOE: Of course brother. (they all make a pact) Let's get this monkey off our backs once and for all.