PART THREE

Stiles's POV:

In the distance of the woods, surrounding Derek and I, I could see hunters. My heart was pounding, my hands were sweating as thoughts flooded my mind, only for them to stop when I saw one of the hunters point a loaded gun directly at Derek. I quickly turned around to face Derek.

"Derek!" I yelled but before he heard me the sound of something popping went off. A shot was fired. As if everything was going in slow motion, I watched the moment the bullet hit Derek, frozen in fear, the only thing I could do was throw a hand over my mouth in an instant reflex. You didn't need to be a werewolf to hear the sickening sound of the bullet tearing and entering through flesh. I lunged over at Derek as I helplessly watched his whole body trembling from what I could only presume was him in pain.

"Nice one!" I heard one of the hunters cheer. Almost immediately, I was overtaken by a sickening nauseous feeling as I watched the two hunters high fiving each other, while Derek bleed out onto the ground. I turned back to Derek, placing my hand on the bullet holes as his blood soaked both my hands.

"Hey, you're going to be okay." My voice was wavering. "D-Derek, why aren't you healing?"

"T-The bullets are laced with wolfsbane." I froze as I looked up, another rifle pointed straight at both Derek and I. I swallowed in fear. "Stiles, I'm sorry." Before I had a chance to process what he was doing, another shot was fired. I shut my eyes, tight as I expected the pain of a bullet to come, any minute now, but there wasn't. Only the whispers of a growl. I opened my eyes, freezing for what felt like a lifetime.

"N-No." I mumbled as I looked at Derek, who had used his body as a shield to protect me. I looked around to find no hunters in sight. They were gone. I felt the anger pulse through every bone of my body. I looked down at Derek. "W-Why?! Why would you do that?"

He gently smiled before letting out a soft whimper. "Because I love you."

I looked down at Derek, his skin was now ghostly white, much like when he had been when he was shot in the arm by Kate. His hair was matted with dirt, some of it sticking up, while some of it is stuck to his forehead, and his eyes. I closed my eyes, not wanting to look at Derek like that, he had to get better, right? Everything hit me all at once, and it was too much. Too fucking much too handle. My vision faded out a few seconds later, turning blurry around the edges, until everything was a complete and utter haze.