PART SIX

Stiles's POV:

"Hunters killed Derek Hale." I repeated as I felt another lump come to my throat, I tried my best to push it down but slowly lost that battle, more hot tears streamed down my red cheeks.

"Derek Hale has a history of violence and was once charged with first degree murder-"

"Those chargers were called off!" I snapped before he could finish his sentence.

"Right but he does have a history of violence, is there any way that Mr. Hale could have provoked these, uhm, hunters?" Hearing those words come out of his mouth, I snapped, I jumped up, banging my fist into the table as I released every single ounce of anger and sadness that was left inside my body.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Why don't you just do your fucking job instead of trying to cover up the fact that my boyfriend was murdered!" I screamed as I felt my Dad place his hand on my shoulders, I pushed him off. "Are we done here? Can I go home and can you guys just do your fucking job?!"

"We'll keep in touch." The detective told my Dad as I stormed out of the room, refusing to look back until I was standing by my Dad's cruiser. I leaned up against his car, pulling my legs to my chest as I sobbed into my arms, not wanting to feel anything anymore. Not without Derek.

My phone buzzed, it was Scott. 'Hey man, I am so sorry about what happened, did you want to talk?' I turned my phone off, tightening my grip as I fought myself not to throw it into the ground.

"Stiles." I heard my Dad say as I could see he was standing right in front of me, I didn't look at him.

"Leave me alone." I mumbled underneath my breath, ignoring what I told him, he sat down next to me as he tried to pull me into a hug but I pushed him away. "I said leave me alone!"

He wrapped his arms around me. "I'm not letting you be alone after what just happened."

"You don't care!" I sobbed as my arms automatically hugged him back. "You just sat there and allowed them to talk about Derek like he was some sort of criminal!"

"I'm sorry, Stiles." I sobbed even louder.

"H-He died protecting me, Dad!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "H-He died...He died
p-protecting me." I took another sob before closing my eyes, before passing from exhaustion in his arms.