PART TWENTY

Scott's POV:

"So you signed up to find a hunter that has been on the run for almost a year now?" Isaac asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked at me. I nodded as I grabbed some water bottles from the fridge and put them in my backpack before swinging the bag over my back.

"Yes, Isaac. This is very important to him and it should be important to you, Derek was practically your Dad." The sudden memory of Derek had caused Isaac to look down. "Sorry, I-I shouldn't have said that."

"No, it's fine." He softly said, clear indication that it wasn't fine.

"No, it's not." I hugged him. "I've only been thinking about Stiles in all of this, I didn't stop to think about how you felt in all of this, after all, Derek was important to you too."

"Scott, you don't have to do this because you feel bad."

"I know." I gently smiled. "And I'm not doing this because I feel bad."

"I mean he was like my Dad so yeah, I miss him, and I, uh-" He stopped talking. "I, uh, never got the chance to tell him how much he truly meant to me."

I hugged him. "No, Isaac, it's okay. He knew how much you meant to him."

"How do you know?"

"Because of the way he looked at you, like he had to protect you from the things people never protected him from and he wanted to take all of the hurt that your Dad had caused you, okay? He loved you, Isaac."

Isaac softly smiled. "Thanks, Scott. Now let's go find this hunter."