PART EIGHT

Scott's POV:

It was the same night I had found out Derek was killed, I was coming back home after spending a couple of hours with Lydia, we were studying for our AP Bio Test. I held my phone in my hand as I walked into the house. Weird, why was it so quiet? I thought to myself as I looked up, lowering my phone until I slipped it in my pocket as I saw my Mom sitting down at the kitchen table, I looked over at her. "Hey, Mom, sorry I'm late, I was actually just texting you-" Something was wrong. "Mom? Is everything okay?"

"I don't know, Scott. Isaac seemed a little weird when he came back from wherever he was." She told me.

I took a quick glance towards the stairs. "He's home?"

"Yeah, but he's acting super weird, he came inside and then went straight up to the guest room, he didn't say anything. Not a single word." Mom glanced over towards the stairs, as well. "I don't know what's going on but I'm pretty sure I heard him crying, I was going to go check on him but that's when you came home so I thought he would rather talk to you than me."

"No, I mean, I totally get it. I'll go talk to him." I told her before disappearing upstairs. I stopped walking as I got closer to the door, the sounds of sobs began getting louder and louder. I raised my hand towards the door as I knocked, rapidly.

"Isaac?" No response. "Isaac, I'm coming in, okay?" And again, I got no response but I opened the door anyway. The room was completely dark but even then, I knew where Isaac was. He was curled up in the corner of the room, his arms around his knees to try and hide his face, his face was streaming with tears. I stumbled slightly when I saw the pain and hurt expression coming off of Isaac's face.

Looking around the dark room, I slowly walked over to Isaac, sitting down in front of him. "Isaac? What's wrong?" I swallowed, not knowing if I wanted to know what was wrong anymore.

"I-It's Derek." Isaac said in a broken and shaky voice as tears continued streaming down his face.

I slightly nodded, having the slightest idea of where Isaac was going with this. "Isaac, what about Derek?"

Isaac looked at me, the look confirming every single thought that was in my head. "He's dead."