Chapter 8

Third Person POV

'This is why the captain always gets mad at me. I can't keep my mouth shut...' Y/N is being punished by Mr. Yunho to clean the hallway in front of his classroom after the school is over.

He needs to learn how to control his big mouth.

'Anyway I'll settle this quic-..."

"Hey, do I know you?" Somebody interrupted his train of thought. He looked at the direction of the voice and was surprised when it's none other than Minju herself.

He was in awe again. He didn't say anything back to her, he just smile at her without answering her question.

"Hello... I asked you something." Minju waved her hand in front of him. "Ah..ah sorry... I'm Song Y/N. From class 2-C. Sorry for running and trying to hug you out of nowhere." Y/N bowed at her. "Well... I used to know you..." He finally answered her question.

"Used to know me? Are you one of the people that my mother set up to meet me?" Y/N didn't understand what Minju is saying. "Huhh? Meet you?"

"I guess you're not one of the guys. Anyway, don't ever do that again... Pervert." Minju turned her body around and started walking.

'This girl.... I didn't just come back to the past just to be called a pervert by you! Even though... it's kinda my fault.'

He ran to Minju and grabbed her arm.

"Why? Are you scared I'll tell the teachers?" The girl in front of him felt different from the girl that asked her for food ten years ago.

"Pfftt" He snickered at her reaction. "Yah. Did you just laugh." Her calm face now has turn to an angry one. "You're a bit funny." He continues laughing.

"I have a lot to ask you, but you wouldn't answer even if I asked and you wouldn't believe me even if I told you." He lets go of her arm. "I'm sorry. No, I'm not a pervert. I just want to be your friend."

"Hi! I'm Song Y/N class 2-C. I hope you're willing to be my friend." He wipes off his hand and asks her for a handshake. "I'll pass." Minju didn't even take time to think. She ignored him and keeps on walking away.

Y/N's POV

"Tchh~" I swear that girl was friendlier when she's hungry. She did said she doesn't have any friends and with that kind of attitude, people wouldn't approach her.

Wait, why is she kind of familiar..??
.
.
.
.
.

"Help yourself first before helping others."

Suddenly the Captain's words crossed my mind. He's right, no wonder I felt her attitude is similar to someone. It's similar to mine, I pushed the people that tried to get closer to me.

"Help myself first? How?....." She doesn't know what she'll die in a few months. By her own doing, at that. I want to save her no matter what.

----------
After the punishment...

I should approach Yoojung first since she's her classmate. Thinking about it again, Yoojung did say something about Minju being bullied too right?

I gotta refresh back my highschool memories, this is tough, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I handle criminals all the time. Surely highschool kids are easier right? right?

"Yah Y/N!" Somebody suddenly shouted my name. Ah it's those two guys... Lee Daehwi and Mark Lee. Long time no see...

"We heard something happened to you this morning?." These guys never did stop trying to talk to me. Maybe this is a second chance for me too? Since I was an asshole to them.

'Help myself first before helping others.....'
.
.
.
.
.
"Yeah, I tried to hug Minju..."

"Wtf? You tried to hug The Kim Minju? You must got some big pairs." Mark laughed before Daehwi hits him. "Have you even talk to her?" Daehwi asked me.

"Never, but I plan to... Other than the fact that she's the sole heir for MK Corporation, you guys know anything about her?" Now that I've talked to them, might as well do some digging.

"She's not really the sole heir though." She's not? I thought she's an only child?

"She has a brother. But I think he's sick? Well, not fit enough to take over the company. Daehwi added into Mark's earlier statement.

"Ahh I see..." Have I been living under a rock in highschool? I never knew all of this. I really didn't think about others during highschool huh?

"Thanks guys, anyways my bus is here, I'll get going now. Bye." Alright at least I got something from them. That's a start.

Third Person POV

Mark and Daehwi watched Y/N got on a bus before they no longer can see him inside the crowd of passengers.

"Yah just ride my car today, we'll go to the mall first." Mark offered Daehwi. He was surprised when he saw Daehwi looking down and not saying a word to him.

"Mark..... Y/N just talked to us earlier....." Just noticing this, Mark immediately holds himself. "Dude, I feel chills..... He always ignore us but..... Ooohh..." He rubs the back of his neck still feeling the goosebumps.

"Trying to Hug Minju and talking to us. Huhh that's a weird change? I guess?"

----------

"Hey mom I'm home..." Y/N puts his school bag on the floor before plopping down on the couch. 'Saving Minju? Can I really do it?...' He thought while looking at the white ceiling above.

"I'm not cooking tonight. Dad's bringing something from the restaurant." Older or younger, he still enjoys his father's cooking.

For him his father is number one and his mother is a close second. Giving Minju a taste of his father's cooking again doesn't sound like a bad idea. She'll probably love it...again...

'First day of meeting her and she called me a pervert...' Y/N chuckled when he remembers it. "I've traveled through time, you calling me a pervert will not stop me Minju."

"If I did traveled back in time, that means the future can be changed depending on how we act. In that case, what's going to happen to the time that I came from."

Y/N really took his time thinking this. Will he still be a detective? Will he be able to save Minju? There's still a lot of things that he can't figure out.

----------

"Hi oppa~" Minju sat on the side of his brother's bed. "Oh... Minju, I'm sorry I didn't notice you. I'm tired after today's treatment." She grabbed her brother's hand and caresses them. "It's okay oppa. I'm just checking up on you, rest well." She stood up and went out of his room.

"Yah Kim Minju. Tomorrow night you have a meet up with someone. Make sure you remember." Her mother told her. Not even looking at her face.

"Yes mother." Again with the meet up. She's fed up with this. She just hopes one day her mother will realize that she needs to give her a chance at deciding her own life.

It's already hard enough at school. Why she has to go through shitty things in her own home too?

_____________________________________________

Today's ENOZI was great!