Chapter 15

"Alright class, I have some important information I want to share with you." Y/N's homeroom teacher announce to the whole class.

"Next week, we will go on our annual school trip!"

The people in his class starts to cheer and clap, showing their excitement for the trip, but Y/N stayed quiet thinking back about the camping trip ten years ago.

He can remember that he didn't join the trip and stayed at home. Everyone is annoying and a drag for him at the time, so he feels like he doesn't need to go on the trip. But now.....

"Our destination for this year is Busan!"

Some of the students love it, some of them dislike it but nobody is saying no to a huge event in their highschool life.

"As usual, this is a joint class activity. So class 2-A, 2-B, 2-C, and 2-D will be joining us. We will be staying for three days and two nights, with activities prepared by the teachers."

"Please make a group consisting of three people and give the names to me before the end of this week okay?" With that, the teacher ended his announcement and left the classroom.

"Y/N!! You're going right?" Daehwi slammed his hands on Y/N's table. "Sheesh... Daehwi don't do that again... My poor heart." Y/N rubs his chest before answering him. "I don't know, ᴵ ᵈᶦᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃˢᵗ."

"What did you say?"

"I'm not sure I'll go." He answered. "Oh come on, the trip is always fun. Plus, Minju always joins the annual school trip." Mark convincing Y/N to go on the trip with them.

"Hmm.. I'll ask her first. If she goes, I'll go." He responded to Daehwi and Mark. "Okay lover boy." Daehwi playfully slap Y/N and returned to his seat with mark.

Y/N needs to think about a plan on how to approach Minju during this trip. Many things could happen here, and no matter what happens, Y/N must make it a fun time for Minju as he's trying his best to make sure she doesn't commit suicide just like she did in his past.

'A trip with Minju... that does sound good but I need to make it great.' He thought.

----------

"So are you going?" Y/N asked Minju while they're eating lunch together. "Why is your decision base on mine?" She questioned him back.

"Because it's no fun without you~." He tried making a cute face to her. "I know. Fun is my middle name anyways, I guess I'll go." Minju shrugs, showing her cool side.

Displaying her cool and calm self outside doesn't mean she's feeling the same thing inside. 'Why did he made that face? You're so cute Y/N!'

"D-do you want to sit next to me on the way there?" Minju unexpectedly asks him. "What? Am I hearing this right?" Y/N playfully telling Minju to repeat herself.

"doyouwanttositnexttomeonthewaythere?"

"Hahaha!" Y/N having the time of his life from teasing Minju. Of course she's not letting him off that easy since it's her turn to attack him with barrages of slaps to the shoulder.

"Ouch ow-ow!! Okay okay I'm sorry!" Y/N surrendered.

"Yes, I would love to sit next to you Minju." He responded to her question. A tint of redness can be seen on Minju's cheeks.

"I see somebody like it."

In that moment, everything seems just right. Y/N somehow moves his hand to tuck Minju's hair behind her ear. The two of them stare into each other's eyes and completely give in to one another.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Y/N! Minju! Are you guys here?"

The two immediately back away from each other and act like they're doing something else.

"There you are." Yoojung skips happily to the two really flustered people. "I thought you guys left me and eat lunch without me." She pouted.

"We would never do that. Right Minju?" Y/N brushes off Yoojung's worry. "Yeah, we're actually waiting for you. Come on, let's eat"

Time skip...

"What did you guys do last weekend?" Yoojung asks the both of them. "I stayed at home and watch movies all day."

"Wahh~ Minju, you should really have a social life outside of school." Y/N said to her. "What's wrong with that? How about you? Do you have any social life outside of school?" She glare at him back.

"I do actually. I accidentally met with that hoobae I carried the other day and we hung out at a arcade." Y/N grins at Minju as a sign he has won this conversation.

Minju didn't say anything back immediately. Instead she stayed quiet before asking another thing to him.

"You met her? I bet you must be really happy." She doesn't look at him, instead she's looking at her empty lunchbox.

While all of this is happening, Yoojung is focusing on the two. She can tell they like each other but decided to just enjoy the drama.

"It was fun. Why? You jealous or something?" He messes up her hair.

"No. It's your life anyway, do what you like." Dissapointment can be seen coming from her face this time.

'I thought you want to give your attention to me?'

"Anyway, I got to help her again this week for her club activities. Just letting you know." Y/N said nonchalantly.

Yoojung felt like slapping Y/N at the time. She doesn't know whether he's playing dumb or he is just that dumb. Minju is clearly affected by what he said earlier.

"Why did you told me that?" Minju felt like a tear is about to escape her eye. Is he blind? Can't he see that she's hurt by his actions?

"Because, I don't want any misunderstanding to happen." That's not what the response that she anticipated.

"What?"

"I care about you pabo ya! I don't want you to get hurt." He then pinches her left cheek before running away from them and left Minju dumbfounded.

"What did he meant?" She asks Yoojung. Yoojung can only laugh as a response. "You didn't get that?" Minju shakes her head as a sign of no. "Hmm... You don't need to worry about him and the hoobae." She gave Minju a smile and then she wriggles her eyebrows.

It took her some time to process what Yoojung just told her but when she did, her face reddens more than earlier.

"Was I being too obvious?" Minju said while cupping her cheeks. "I can see it from a mile away Minju-ya." Minju buried her face on the table, hiding away from the embarrassment.

"So does that mean... He likes me?" She slowly lifted her head and look at Yoojung.

"I don't know... Maybe you should just ask him." Yoojung gave her a wink before she too starts running away from her.

"Yah Choi Yoojung!!"

_____________________________________________

Welp, that's it for now.
Stay safe people 👋