Chapter 11

Third Person POV

So far, all is going well. Y/N didn't set up a proper plan yet but he's been turning Minju's life to a more positive side. He thought about doing anything that he can to steer Minju away from anything that can cause her negative feelings.

"Yoojung-ah, how's it going?" Y/N asked her about her and Minju's interaction.

"It's getting better! You're right about her, she's not that bad."

The two are currently meeting in the library, so instead of talking they are actually whispering at each other. Yoojung did doubt Y/N's plan in the beginning but after witnessing Minju changing little by little, day by day, from the first day she tried talking to her is rewarding.

"I told you! She's actually a softie. Keep it up and talk to me if anything happens." Yoojung gave him an okay sign.

"Alright, you got gym class too after this right?" He asked her.

"Yup. oohh! Let's talk to Minju together then, How about that?" Yoojung suggested. "Good plan, we hangout with her more and make her more comfortable around us." He rubs his chin while smirking.

"Yah stop that, that's creepy."

"Sorry about that, let's go!" They exited the library to go change into their gym clothes before class.

----------

After Y/N finished changing, he walked to the school's field and was surprised when he saw there's more students than he had anticipated.

"Yah.. why is there so many people today?" He asked Mark and Daehwi when he finally met them after going through the crowd of people.

"Didn't you hear about it? There's supposed to be a cross country run training today." Daehwi answered him.

"This sucks, I'll just walk. The teachers wouldn't care anyway." Mark added.

As far as Y/N can remember, during his time in highschool, there's no such thing as a cross country running. They had sports day but never this.

'Did something changed?'
.
.
.
.
.
Students are told to line up according to their classes. Y/N saw a glimpse of Minju and Yoojung together somewhere in front of him. He's glad that they're together.

Not long after that, the run starts. Boys will need to run for 8KM while the girls only need to run 6KM. Not wanting to push it, Y/N decided to only jog with Mark and Daehwi.

"Damn the first years are really into this. Look at them running." Mark said to the other two. "Should we change our pace?" Daehwi asked while looking at Y/N's and Mark's faces.

The three stared at each other's faces before breaking off in laughter.

"We giving our all in running!? Yeah right..." Mark answered.

"When we are in the real race, then I'll probably give some effort but for now... I just want to enjoy highschool."

At that moment, Y/N felt grateful, he somehow gets this second chance at life. Making friends and seeing his highschool crush again is changing his bad perspective of his highschool days.

'...It's not that bad, can I just stay like this forever?'

As they were running, something caught their eyes. Two girls can be seen stopping to the side, one of them looks hurt.

"Are they okay?" Daehwi breaks the silence. "Let's check on them." Y/N fasten his pace and head towards the two girls followed by Mark and Daehwi.

"Are you okay? What happened? Did you get hurt?" His habit as a detective was shown as he check up on the two girls.

"Oh, she stumbled on a rock, she only got small cuts but I think she twisted her ankle."

"Can you try and walk?" Y/N crouched down and take a look at the girl's leg. As he was checking her leg, his eyes met with the girl's and both instantly recognizes each other.

"Oh you're the book girl." Everyone else around them have a confuse look plastered on their faces. "You know this person Arin?" The girl's friend asked her.

"I accidentally bumped into him the other day. He's our sunbae."

"Woah Y/N first Minju and now this cutie. You're really making moves." Mark whispered at his ear and earning a quick slap by Y/N. "If you can't stand up then let me carry you back to the school." Y/N offered the girl.

"But it's kinda far from us sunbaenim." Arin felt a bit guilty if Y/N really has to carry her from here and back to their school. "I'm strong, it's okay." He gave her a thumbs up before telling her friend to help Arin get on his back.

"You guys can continue running if you want, I'll just take her back to the school."

Mark wanted to follow them so he can avoid running any further but was quickly pull away by Daehwi to continue their run. As for Arin's friend, she told her that she'll be okay and she can continue her run too.

Y/N casually just walk towards the school while piggybacking Arin. A few students passed them but all of them just minded their own business.

"So your name is Arin?" He asked the girl. "Yes sunbaenim. What's yours?" She didn't know him except for the fact that he's her upperclassman but getting a piggyback ride from him is making her heart beats faster.

"My name is Song Y/N. You can drop the formalities, just call me oppa." He snickered. "Ah okay... Oppa..." Arin is a blushing mess. She can't believe he just told her to drop the formalities that fast.

As they are walking while conversing with each other, two girls noticed them.

"Isn't that Y/N?" Yoojung pointed at them who's currently on the opposite side of the street. "That's him but who is he carrying?" Minju saw them. From her point of view, the two looked like people who's known each other for years.

At the same time Minju can feel something inside of her. A slight bitter feeling in her heart.

----------

Once they reached the school, Y/N brought Arin to the nurse's office. Too bad at the time Miss Nara wasn't there. As he is already familiar with the room, he didn't need long to find all the right things to treat Arin.

He patched up the wound and cuts before finally wrapping her ankle with a bandage. Witnessing he is giving so much care in his treatment is making Arin feel the butterflies in her stomach.

In the past, Y/N doesn't even know Arin existed. But, now here he is, treating her. The question is, is it really going to be okay for Minju?

_____________________________________________

Here's an update. I'll try and update more this weekend but no promises! XD

Stay safe and drink lots of water 👋🏻