Chapter 9

The following day...

Third Person POV

"Morning Minju-ya~" Y/N greeted the girl. Kangho gave a suspicious look at him. He responded back by giving him an assuring smile.

"Stay one meter away from me pervert." 

"Yah I'm not a pervert okay. By the way, do I look better now?" He asked for Minju's opinion while striking a few pose.

Y/N had his hair trimmed yesterday and wore his uniform more neatly. At least he can take care of his looks now. He figured he needed to look more approachable if he's going to be friends with Minju.

"She said one meter from her buddy." Kangho meddled in their conversation. "I'm not a germ or something sir and yesterday was only a misunderstanding, right Minju?" He played innocently and smiled at her.

Minju just side eye him and walk into the building. "I'll take care of her." He said to Kangho and bowed to him. "You don't have to worry too much." Y/N also entered the school, following Minju.

Kangho thought his words have honesty in them. He felt somewhat at ease after hearing what he said.

----------

He followed Minju from behind, looking out for her. If he's not careful, people will probably thought he's stalking her.

Minju was stopped abruptly by Minho and his boys. Good for Y/N, he actually remembered the things that will happen on this day quite well. The only difference is, he ignored it in the past, he needs to do something this time.

"Please don't block my path, I'm trying to get to class." Minju said to them.

"Minju is pretty even when she gets angry. When are we going to start dating? It's hard for me to wait." Minho gave Minju a smirk while the rest of his boys cooed at them.

Minju is annoyed by them. She knows it's not easy to get away from them right now. Luckily, someone decided to step in.

"Minho-ya you should just stop right there." Y/N stood in front of her, so he's currently between Minho and Minju.

"Yah~ Song Y/N you got a new haircut and all." He and his group laughed while checking out Y/N's change in appearance.

"Why? Are you interested in Minju too? Ah! So that's why I heard you tried to hug her yesterday!" Minho smirked.

"Minju-yah, this is what you get when you stay single for a long time. You got low standard guys like him going after you."

Despite what Minho is saying right now Y/N is staying calm. He knows nothing good will ever come if he throws the first punch.

"I told you to stop Minho-ya. Or something really bad is going to happen to you." Y/N remember what's going to happen next.

In the past, Minju was able to get away because the janitor accidentally spilled water near them. In the commotion, Minju managed to slip away from Minho in the commotion.

Now Y/N just need to wait for the janitor to spill the water and he can pull Minju away from them.

"You're threatening me Y/N? Are you?" Minho pushes Y/N and he starting to back away.

"You're going to regret this." Like on cue, the janitor accidentally spilled a bucket of water on the floor directly under Minho and his boys.

Y/N hurriedly grab Minju's hand and pull her away from them.

"Aishh Ahjumma! Be more careful! Look what you've done to our shoes!" They don't even care about Minju or Y/N anymore since their shoes are more expensive.

"Hahaha those guys are dumb." Y/N and Minju successfully escaped from Minho and his gang.

"You're okay right?" Minju pull her hand away from his grasp. "Ahh.. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was still holding your hand."

"Thank you. I'm going inside my class first." She opened the door and got in. "Well, turns out she actually knows how to say thank you." Y/N is about to walk to his class until somebody bumped into him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." He crouched down to gather her fallen books before handing it back to her.

"Thank you sunbaenim." The girl said. "I'm sorry, It's not your fault, I was busy reading the book and didn't notice you're in front of me." She added.

Y/N look at the girl. She's not someone familiar to him. He's not the social type to begin with, so there's a lot of people that he doesn't know. 'She's cute..' He thought before the girl excuse herself.

"Sunbaenim... I gotta get to class first, I'm sorry again and thank you." She waved at him before walking away.

Y/N waved back at her before he heads for his classroom

----------

Lunchtime...

"There you are. Yah Choi Yoojung!"

The girl was surprised, she didn't expect someone to call her from outside of her classroom. Even more surprised when the ones calling her is the guy that she talked a few times only during the entrance ceremony.

"Song...Y/N?"

Y/N gestured her to come closer. Some people were weirded out because they didn't expect The Song Y/N that has always been bullied by Minho wants to talk to Yoojung.

Even Minju was surprised seeing him calling for Yoojung. Lowkey she thought he's here for her when she saw him in front of her classroom's door.

"Y/N right? What do you want?" Yoojung asked with a suspicious looking face. They only talked that one time, so It's not strange for her to feel suspicious about him.

"I want to talk about something with you. You have some time?" She nodded.

"Hmm how do I make this less weird...? Forget it, have you tried talking to Minju?" Y/N asked the girl.

"Kim Minju!? I have tried but... She doesn't look that interested in having a conversation with me." Yoojung answered looking disappointed.

"Just talk to her more. She will open up eventually. One more thing, I need you to watch over her for me. If anyone is bothering her, just call me." The girl never expected Y/N to say something like this.

"I'm sorry, I know we barely know each other but can you please help me with this?" He begs with his hand clasped together.

"Sure, I'll help you. Who knows, maybe she's willing to befriend me after a while?" Yoojung smiled at him.

"Trust me, she's not really the smug girl she's trying to be." Y/N took a peak inside the classroom, Minju notices him and send a glare at him. He stuck out his tongue to tease her back.

"Thanks Yoojung, you're going to be a great help."

Kim Minju must be save this time. No matter what the cost.

_____________________________________________

As always, stay safe.