Chapter 12

Third Person POV

On one afternoon...

The blue sky was accompanied by the white clouds. They are moving slowly due to the gentle breeze of the wind. Some students can be seen leaving the school while others are about to start their after school activities.

Minju, Yoojung, and Y/N is currently doing their schoolwork exercise on a picnic table at the side of their main school building.

"and so by doing that you will get your answer."

"Wooowww as expected of Kim Minju, the beauty with brain." Y/N expresses his awe towards Minju. "That's actually very easy, you're just dumb." He sent her a playful glare and continue writing the answer.

"Hey, the other day during the cross country training we saw you piggybacking someone, who is that person?" Yoojung pointed at him with her pen.

"Oh that? That's Arin, a first year. She got injured and I decided to carry her back to the school." Minju lifted her head from reading her book.

"ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶜᵃˡˡᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵗᵉᵃᶜʰᵉʳ..." Minju muttered under her breath. "You said something Minju?" Y/N heard some kind of noises coming out from Minju but he can't hear it quite well.

"Nothing... I'm going to the bathroom." She stood up from the table and started to walk. "You want me to accompany you?" Yoojung offered. "No please..." She responded without looking back at the two.

---------

Minju was walking through the hallway, heading to the nearest girl's bathroom. There's not many people left in the school, the usual loud atmosphere is now less chaotic.

She went inside the bathroom and did all the necessary business that a girl needs to do before walking out of the bathroom.

Luck was not on her side as she was stopped by Chaejin.

"Hi Kim, how's life? I bet yours are miserable as always." She said while playing with Minju's hair. "Chaejin please... I'm not in the mood today." Minju slapped away her hands and tried to get pass her but only to get shoved down by her.

"Did you just slap my hand?" Chaejin crouched down and met eyes to eyes with Minju. "Yah!" She slapped Minju's cheek.

"Look at you... Probably the richest person in this school but have no power at all." She snickered at Minju.

Minju felt the sting on her face, but she couldn't do anything about it. She stayed still looking at the ground while Chaejin continues to insult her.

At this point, the quiet hallway began to have murmurs. What's left of the students at the school is starting to gather near the two.

----------

"You were struggling about questions like this earlier, but now you seem like a genius to me." Yoojung grabbed his book and check his answers.

'Well I was only pretending earlier so Minju will give me some attention...'

Y/N's eyes wonder towards his surroundings. He can see the football club are doing their drills on the field, a few other students hanging out on the nearby picnic table.

Definitely not the atmosphere he would enjoy if it was ten years ago.

"Minju has been gone for a while." He said looking at the direction of the school building. "Girls take their time Y/N. If you're worried about her, just go check up on her." Yoojung said while focusing on the books.