Six.

------ The present day

Cristina Aroyo watched the young brown carefully in front of her.

He seemed stoic, motionless and above all strangely focused on his hands. He did everything not to make eye contact with her. And yet she knew him well to know that it was not his habit to be so calm.

No, Angel Velasquez was anything but a calm teenager. Among all these teenagers visibly disturbed by adolescence, he was the most violent of them. And therefore a potential suspect.

She hated thinking of such a thing since she had known this young man almost as long as she had known her goddaughter. And yet, she could not be sentimental in this matter.

"Angel, how was your relationship with the new kids?"Cristina asked, observing the brown carefully.

Angel Velasquez slowly raised his head with a straight face before making eye contact with the woman in front of him. He knew her pretty well. It was not his first call to the post. He ran his tongue down his teeth before swallowing as he looked to his left. He met the Colonel's cold, icy gaze.

"Answer the question, son."Immediately demanded the Colonel with impatience.

He already knew what awaited him at the end of this interview. His father was impartial about his attendance at the police station. Especially since he had just damaged his reputation. There was so much that Angel wanted to say right now. And again, he could say absolutely nothing.

Angel gulped as he looked back at the inspector."They're knowledge at best. They were friends with Triana and Luz. We sometimes hung out together. Nothing more. Why ?"

Cristina gave a look at the man hovering like a hawk next to his son before letting a faint sigh on her lips as she noted his deposition. She narrowed her lips as she read a specific name on another statement related to the boy before her before taking a discreet look at Ivan.

She put her pen down before answering his question."Some of your classmates seem to think that the arrival of new students has cause what has happened."

"I see. Let me guess. Lucrecia's work?" Scoffed Angel before suddenly startled as the Colonel clapped his hand on the table.

He pointedly pointed at him in warning."Don't make your case worse!"

"Mr. Velasquez you have no right to intervene in this interview." Ivan reminded formally.

Miguel Velasquez immediately turned to Ivan before giving him an arrogant look."Mr. Velasquez? Since when do we address each other formally?"

"Since we started investigating a murder, Mr. Velasquez." Cristina said firmly. Angel winced in intimidation as the Colonel immediately turned to the woman with an air of superiority."A murder in which your son could very well be involved."

The Colonel immediately left an offended look as he eyed the inspector with disdain."It's Colonel Velasquez for you my pretty. Besides, I doubt that you're able to prove anything. I thought it would be Ivan who would take his testimony."

Angel sank deeper into his chair as he could still feel and see the blood on his hands. It had absolutely nothing to do with it. He just wanted to prove to Juan that he wasn't who he thought he was.

"My colleague is fully capable of doing this interview." Ivan intervened with a warning look on the derogatory man.

The Colonel gave his son an aggravated look at the humiliation he suffered through his fault before turning to the incompetent."Well? Resume so that we are done."

"Angel... if you want me to help you you're going to have to tell me everything." Informed the inspector as she supported the look of the teenager visibly crushed by the misogynistic presence of the man at his side."Did you have any reason to blame the victim?"

Angel glanced sideways at the Colonel in anticipation before resting his eyes on the redhead."Who didn't have one? This girl was a real poison. She spread like wildfire. It was enough for you to come into contact with her for her to drag you into her fall."

"Did you just compare Marina to poison?"Exclaimed Cristina, taken aback.

Angel shrugged casually before looking up at the redhead again."She was my friend. But relationships are sometimes more complicated than you think."

"Right. Kind of like your relationship with Omar."

Angel looked away before clenching his jaw as he could feel his father's stern look on his profile before the Colonel turned to the inspector again."What does that mean ?"

"Nothing. I'm just trying to find answers, M-Colonel Velasquez." The inspector replied bitterly before setting her eyes on the strangely silent teenager now.

She noticed his tense posture and his clenched fists on top of the table. She gave knowingly a look at Ivan before straightening up in defeat.

He wouldn't say anything anymore.