Twenty-eight.

"You weren't in high school when Marina's murder happened

"You weren't in high school when Marina's murder happened. There is no link connecting you to the crime scene. You don't have to worry."Reminded Cristina sincerely relieved not to have to involve her goddaughter more in all this.

However, she couldn't deny the fact that the evidence seemed almost too clean to be plausible.

She had three teenagers leaving high school before the murder of Marina. Three teenagers who had absolutely nothing in common. And one of them was Triana. It was very likely that she would help a friend who had drunk a little too much. She knew her goddaughter enough to know that it was the kind of person she was.

But she could see how much the death and especially the questioning of the murder of Marina Nunier affected her.

She had noticed the signs.

She knew something and she tried to remain silent. And Cristina could see how much it devoured her from the inside.

"Triana... Samuel told us that you knew about Marina's flee. You were supposed to talk to her that night."Cristina declared, resisting the need to take the hand of her visibly confused goddaughter."But you never went there. Why ?"

Triana looked up from the table, sniffing, she used the sleeve of her hoodie to wipe the damp marks down her cheeks."I wanted to go. But ... but I couldn't get in."

"Right, you're afraid of swimming pools." Cristina breathed, nodding her head in memory. She briefly flipped through the various depositions before trying to provoke her goddaughter in the best possible way. The injustice."I see. The only one who was there when we arrived was Samuel. He was next to the body."

Triana's eyes widened as she felt her breath get caught along her throat."You think Samuel did it? Why? He loved her. He could never have done that. He wouldn't hurt fly."

"What about Angel then?" Cristina asked immediately, leaving Triana to immediately raise her eyes with a tremor along her hands."Triana, I know you. You saw something. You can hardly look us in the eye since the beginning of this questioning. You know you can always trust us. Whatever happens."

Triana looked down at the table before shaking her head about to cry again." Angel did nothing. He... "

"He ?" Cristina insisted, leaning in to listen.

"We wanted to talk to her." Triana said with a trembling breath."But we heard screams coming from the pool. Angel went to get Luz. And I saw Juan come out ..."

Triana immediately looked away as she realized her mistake before taking a deep breath."You've seen Juan come out? Out of where?"

"Toilets. He was pale. So I brought him home." Triana replied in spite of herself before turning to her father, almost pleading."I've been saying the same thing for hours. I have nothing more to say, dad."