Twenty-seven.

Triana stared at her reflection through the mirror, motionless

Dark circles under the eyes, the complexion as pale as chalk and especially the single tear ruining the makeup she had just put on. She raised her chin still devastated by the events of a few days ago.

The girl swallowed; she looked a mess. She pretty much looked like a undead, but that was the least of her worries.

She tried to wipe the wet streak down her cheek before resuming her daily skin routine. She tried to ignore the morbid thoughts lingering in her mind as she continued to focus on the task at hand. It was the only thing keeping her from collapsing.

Ever since Juan had driven her outside of high school focusing on the simplest tasks had been the only way to focus. He hadn't said anything about what had happened. He hadn't wanted to involve her more like he told her. He had only asked her to repeat the same statement over and over again.

She hadn't seen anything. She just drove him home because he had been drinking too much.

To be honest with herself, Triana hadn't wanted to know more. Especially when the news that Marina Nunier was murdered spread like gunpowder. Since then, Triana has been content to lock herself in her room, trying to forget everything she had seen or even heard.

She had ignored all of her friends' calls, especially those of Juan. She couldn't face him after what she knew. Even less could she face her father. He was quick to find her in her room after the party, leaving Triana to find out the truth about what really happened. She literally collapsed after that. Her father rushed over to hug her clearly oblivious to the real reason for her tears.

Admittedly, she was annihilated by the death of her friend, but she was even more annihilated by the fact that she was an accomplice in the said murder. Still she doubted that Juan had done anything to Marina. Or at least she hoped for it in the depths of her being.

She put her brush back on her vanity at the thought before swallowing as she faced her almost flawless reflection again. It was almost flawless except that all she could see now was Marina's face.

She closed her eyes clearly unable to face this image any longer before looking away just to freeze at the sight of the black dress lying on her bed. It was the day of the wake and she was not even sure if she could step out of her room. Unfortunately she knew that the group would not leave her in peace. They had been persistent about having to stick together. And Triana wasn't sure how far she was willing to go to save her friends. She was loyal but not enough to turn a blind eye to a murder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A fact that the group was fully aware of since Juan, Luz and Angel had made sure to meet at Triana's to talk before the wake.

Unfortunately for them, none of them really knew where to start. Angel had almost made a panic attack when Ivan answered the door. Conversely, Juan and Luz simply dragged Angel inside while avoiding the gaze of the man.