chapter nineteen

warning: there's a lil smut at the end.

"Find yourself someone who gets under your skin, seduces the dusty corners of your heart, and provides you with a mental connection. That is when you'll know true intimacy."

-M.J. Abraham

MUCH TO GERALT'S DISAPPOINTMENT, AMELIA WANTED TO STAY BEHIND FOR THE WEDDINGS.

The queen smiled at her daughter. "Pavetta. Duny. With my blessing... I thee bind." She wraps a blue scarf around their entwined hands. The newlyweds kissed, but then Duny fell to the ground, groaning.

Amelia went to help, but Geralt stopped her as Duny turned back to his human form. " The twelfth bell has not yet rung."

Calanthe looked shocked. "What has happened?"

"I think your blessing of this marriage... has fulfilled a destiny. The curse has been lifted." Amelia spoke, touching her chest where her family crest was on her skin.

"Whew! I think this has the makings of my greatest ballad yet." Jaskier boasted and Geralt helped Amelia going out the door.

"If you're alive in the morning. Don't... grope for trout in any peculiar rivers until dawn." Geralt grumbled, pressing his hand over Amelia's wound.

"No, Wait! Wait. You saved my life. I must repay you." Duny exclaimed and Geralt just looked at him.

"You've proven yourself to be the kind of man who would do the same." Geralt shrugged. "I want nothing."

"No, please. Please, Geralt of Rivia, do not feel like you're doing me a service. I cannot start a new life in the shadow of a life debt."

"Fine. I..." Geralt shook his head and lifted a shoulder. "Claim the tradition as you have, the Law of Surprise. Give me that which you already have but do not know."

"No! What have you done, Witcher?" The queen yelled and Geralt just waved her off.

"Fear not, Your Majesty, if I'm seen in your kingdom again, it'll be to kill a real monster, not lay claim to a crop or a new pup. Destiny can go fu-" Geralt's sentence was cut off by Pavetta puking on the ground.

"Pavetta? Are you...? Oh..." The queen grabbed her daughter's chin and Amelia's stomach sank.

"Fuck." Geralt grunted, picking up Amelia bridal style and walking out the door.

"Holy shit. Holy fucking shit." Amelia muttered, looking up at Geralt. "Geralt, you have to stay. You have to be with that child."

He shook his head. "My place is with you."

"Geralt." Amelia placed her hand on his cheek. He didn't look at her and kept walking.

Mousesack caught up with the two. "You're bound to this now, Geralt. Whether you like it or not."

"I'm not for changing. You know me better than that." Geralt told Mousesack, holding Amelia tighter to his chest. "My fianceé is hurt, and I need to tend to her."

"Yes, I do, but you can't outrun destiny just because you're terrified of it. It's coming, Geralt. Not believing won't change that." Mousesack pleaded and Amelia looked up at the man carrying her.

"Mousesack is right."

"Bullshit. This was just a girl using her magic to stop her mother from gutting her lover. Nothing more." Geralt denied.

"So you say. But the bond that will come into being between you and this child... when it is born will be extraordinary. If you dismiss it, leave without claiming this... child surprise, you will surely unleash true calamity upon us all."

"I'll take that chance. Mind yourself. True words are rare birds in courts like this. Watch for daggers in your back. Or, more likely, poison. Be careful, old friend." Geralt said farewell, then walked toward their inn.

♘ ♘ ♘

Amelia laid on the bed, her shirt lifted up so that Geralt could tend to the cut on her side. The bed was next to a roaring fireplace, the flames lighting Geralt's face in the most handsome way. She just watched him work.

"Do I have something on my face?" Geralt asked, not taking his eyes off her wound.

"No." Amelia's voice was a whisper. "Do you wanna talk about the Child Surprise?"

"No." He replied, placing scabbing cream over the cut. "Does that feel okay?"

"It was just a scratch." She teased and Geralt said nothing. "Geralt, look at me." His burning amber eyes flickered to hers. "What's wrong?"

"Amelia..." He opened his mouth to say something but closed it.

"For god's sake." Amelia grabbed his face and kissed him gently on the lips. Immediately, Geralt kissed her back, pushing her back onto the bed. "Take your shirt off."

Geralt obeyed, pulling his shirt over his head and threw it off to the side. "Amelia..."

Amelia shushed him and pulled his face toward hers, attaching her lips on his. She guided him so he lay on top of her, careful not to brush her side. He held her like she was a glass doll that could break at any second, soft caresses and gentle kisses.

She reached for the draws on his pants and he looked her in the eyes. "Are you sure you want this, Amelia?"

"Geralt, I want you."

"Fuck," he smashed his lips onto hers, a new fire and passion waving through both of their bodies, chest to chest. She undid the draws on his pants and he pulled her oversized shirt over her head.

Hands wandered and roamed bodies, earning moans and gasps from each person. Geralt was sure he was dreaming, but this felt better than the dream he had about Amelia before. She dug her fingernails into his back and gasped as Geralt's lips attached to her neck, certain to leave discreet marks the next morning.

Geralt took his time with Amelia, slowly unraveling her with his fingers until she was gripping the sheets and his hair, moaning his name wildly.

She caught his lips with hers and kissed him. She kissed differently from whores he had been with, their kisses were filled with red hot lust... but Amelia...

She still had lust, but she was caring. Her lips caressed his and her hands tangled in his hair in the most caring way.

"Geralt, I need you." Amelia's voice was only above a whisper. Geralt groaned against her neck at those soft-spoken words.

 And she didn't mean just physically at this moment, she needed Geralt to feel for her like she did for him.

He entered her as gently as he could, not wanting to hurt or harm her. Amelia held Geralt so closely to herself that they both felt as if their bodies were molded into one. 

Her nails broke his skin on his back as Geralt found a pace that was enjoyable to them both. Geralt spoke fluent curses as his pace quickly sped up, Amelia's back arched in pleasure.

"Geralt," His name came out of Amelia's mouth like a moan, but it had a note of warning in it that Geralt picked up on.

"I know," His voice was low and gravelly, sending shock waves straight to Amelia's core.

Amelia reached her climax, yelling Geralt's name and locking her legs around his waist. Geralt collapsed on top of Amelia moments after, both of them had a thin sheen of sweat covering their bodies and breathing heavily.

Geralt looked down at her, his eyes full of wonder and confusion. A smile broke across both of their faces as Geralt rolled off of Amelia. 

A full smile was finally on Geralt's face and Amelia never wanted to see it leave. The two stared at each other for a moment, each processing what just happened.

"Come here," Geralt grumbled, pulling Amelia to him so her head rested on his shoulder and his arms wrapped around her. He placed a gentle and lingering kiss on her lips, which she smiled as he did so.