Chapter 3

"This is my house and room, You should follow my orders." Sakusa said, pulling you down from floating.

"I thought my soulmate should be more loving and nicer.." She grumbles, snapping her fingers to change her outfit.

"Sorry to disappoint your dream guy but I am neither." He pulls her to his dirtiest corner of the house, the laundry.

"Stay at home, don't cause too much trouble." Sakusa then leaves his house on the way to school, but was stopped by a ghost hugging him from behind.

"Have fun, Omi-kun!"

He turns around to see her with a smile, but at first he doesn't feel like he likes it. He gently removed her arms around him and left. Maybe deep inside he feels like he likes it, A small smile creeped on his face knowing that it somehow made him smile, growing more interested to the ghost.

~ ~ ~

"Sakusa-senpai!"

"It's the handsome ace from our volleyball team!"

"Sakusa-kun, did you have lunch already?"

Komori, his bestfriend, lets out a sigh on Sakusa's fangirls. Sakusa only gets irritated when they're on his way, of course no girl dared to do that.

"I wonder what's for lunch today.." Komori said, letting his imagination lead him to the wonderful foods in the canteen. Sakusa didn't hear him because he was in deep thoughts.

How is the ghost doing in his house?

Will she cause trouble?

A million thoughts went to his head, making him sigh. He doesn't even know his soulmate yet or even how to treat her, and it gave the ace an idea.

"Komori, save me a seat. I'll just get something in the library." With that, he left his friend's side, making him confused but shrugged his shoulders.

"He has his reasons. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yakisoba bread sounds delicious!" Komori continues to trail down his food imagination.

Once Sakusa reached the library, he went to the section where he never thought he will be,

The romance section.

"Better make this quick." He mumbles to himself. Right now, he's looking for a book about soulmates and he thinks that it would be in this section.

His eyes landed on the book he is looking for,

How to Treat Your Soulmate 101

"Perfect." He quickly left the romance section and borrowed the book, making his way to the canteen where his bestfriend is waiting.

~ ~ ~

"Sakusa, since coach cancels the practice today, wanna eat outside with the team? we'll find a sanitized place for you." Komori, his close friend, offers. He hasn't taken a bath for the second time so for him it is alright if the germs get to him, but if he already took a bath he will probably say no. To the team's surprise, he declined their offer.

"I have plans for today, so I have to turn down. I'm sorry." He bows and takes his leave.

On his way home, he thought of his soulmate. It's true he doesn't know technically anything about her.

How did she become a ghost?

Does she still have family?

Where does she go after?

Does she need to eat?

His eyes landed on a convenient store almost near his house. The thought of having numerous germs of people who've been here, but a man has to face his dislikes sometimes. He did remember from the book that he read that you have to give a gift to your soulmate from time to time, He lets out a helpless sigh and enters the convenient store.

It may have been a bad idea entering the store because he doesn't know what to buy.

He sighs again, the cashier greeted him which he nods in return. His own cravings right now are onigiris, they are easy to eat and it could also serve as his dinner. He took 4 beef onigiris on the shelf and paid for it. It's wasn't so bad at all, though his urge of wanting to take a bath got stronger. With that, he starts walking home.

~ ~ ~

When he got home, he's surprised how everything is literally organized and his clothes are on the rack being dried. He saw her sleeping in his couch, with his biology book last year. Her soft snores echoed around the room, apparently his parents won't be back in another month for a business trip. There are also some scratch papers with some notes on it, has she been studying while waiting for him? He quietly went to his kitchen and checked if she ate something, but she only ate the breakfast he made for them. He feels stupid that he didn't tell her to make herself feel home before he left for school, and at the same time he feels sad for his soulmate being fated like this. He sat at the edge of his couch, making her wake up.

"Sorry, did I disturb your sleep?" She slowly stretched her arms and wiped her eyes.

"Not really, I was waiting for you to go home and I happen to find an interesting book. By the way, welcome home, Omi-kun!" She smiled and showed my old biology book with admiration on her face.

"You like biology?" Sakusa asked her, she shakes her head.

"Not just biology, I just like to learn and research a lot. It just.. makes me feel human again.. somehow.." She looks up with a sad smile on her face, Sakusa was rather confused with what he is feeling.

What is this sudden urge of comforting her?

Why is she the only one who's making him feel that way?

Maybe it's part of being soulmates?

"I thought you have practice every after dismissal?" She starts floating to sit up straight beside him. "Our coach canceled it because he has things to do." Sakusa replied as he placed his school bag on the table. He remembers the onigiris that he bought lately.

Maybe now is the right time to ask what she eats, he thought.

"Ghost, what is your favorite food?" He suddenly asks, going nearer to (Y/N) making her startled.

"Ahum, w-why are you asking?" Her cheeks starts to get red and looks away.

"I am curious because I do not anything about you." He used his hands to make her face him.

"Ow ow ow! I'll look at you! I'll look at you now!" She grasped his wrist to stop the pain. Sakusa was quiet, waiting for his soulmate's answer.

"My favorite food.. my favorite food is uhh.. I like.. onigiris." She with a small smile.

"What kind?"

"I like beef the most." She blushes and covers her face.

"This is so embarrassing! Why did you make me do that Omi-kun~" Sakusa was taken aback with her reaction. To begin with, (Y/N) doesn't want to talk about herself. He doesn't know if it was fate or destiny that he happens to have a strong feeling that buying onigiris for (Y/N) would make her happy. Destiny works in mysterious ways.

"I happened to pass by a convenient store and bought you something as a thank you for cleaning the house and for not causing trouble." Sakusa hands over a plastic with onigiris inside, She stared at it for a moment until tears started to form on her eyes. She doesn't want him to see it so she quickly wiped them away, mumbling an apology.

"Thank you, Omi-kun." There is was, the smile that he felt it was real.

He always thought that playing volleyball was the only thing that can make him happy, but after meeting a ghost that happened probably by destiny, he found another thing that can make him feel happy, and no doubt he would do any for it.

Maybe having a ghost soulmate isn't that bad.

~ ~ ~

Chapter 3 is here hooray! I couldn't find good quality Sakusa pics am sad D: or maybe I'm not good at looking for pictures ;( highkey want to fast forward to July for part 2 of Season 4 in Haikyuu!!

Anyways, stay tuned for Chapter 4! Stay safe and happy reading!