Special Chapter 5: First Day of the Nationals

Hello! and we're finally down to our very last special chapter of MICF. The overall writing experience was definitely fun, but sadly, this book has finally come to its end. 😔

Next special chapters would be on my other book, Sweet, Young Lion Tamer. Feel free to check them out if you have time! Thank you in advance if you do. ☺️

And as always, long chapter ahead.

Without further ado, here is the very last special chapter of MICF!

Happy Reading! ❤️

~ ~ ~

As months and days continue to pass by, winter break comes in no time. Sakusa and (Y/N) did their best to spend time together, while at the same time he's also practicing for the upcoming Nationals. (Y/N) would sometimes visit and watch her boyfriend practice with his teammates which of course their coach didn't mind. Sakusa would sometimes get teased by his teammates, especially by their captain who greatly supports their relationship like Komori. She would make them her very own recipe of her special onigiris which the boys absolutely love.

Now, she only needs a business partner for opening an onigiri shop.

On the other hand, (Y/N) would still get calls from Akaashi or Konoha when Bokuto is feeling down during their practices and Akaashi doesn't know what to do. (Y/N) would simply tell Bokuto that he would eat barbecue tonight with her and Sakusa and it somehow works for the owl headed captain. Christmas and New Year also came, and (Y/N) was very grateful to have her parents with her during those occasions since the accident 3 years ago. On the other hand, Sakusa was out during those days to spend time with his family because those were the only occasions when his parents were not that busy with work, it was Bokuto and (Y/N) who spent most of their time catching up and having fun together. Finally, the moment that every volleyball player in highschool has finally come.

Today is the first day of the Nationals.

(Y/N) wasn't able to attend the opening ceremony yesterday because of the unexpected colder weather in Tokyo. She couldn't stand the freezing weather that made her have colds and a slight fever on that day. With that, the moment after the opening ceremony, Sakusa came to the rescue and lent her his jackets that he already had outgrown and bought her some hot chicken soup to somehow make her feel better.

On a side note, his outgrown jackets were still too big for (Y/N), and he finds his girlfriend really adorable with it. He told her that she should wear his jackets since they're bigger and more cold resistant, but deep inside Sakusa just wants to see (Y/N) wear his coats.

Since she feels a lot better than yesterday, (Y/N) went to school the next day and maybe it wasn't a good idea. She definitely doesn't want to miss her bestfriend's first match. Sighing while staring at her textbook that she may have read the whole thing already, her boredom level starts to increase.

"Miss (L/N), I know you're still not feeling good and you know this lesson already, but please refrain from doing things that can distract me." Her teacher in mathematics said, making (Y/N) give her an unamused look.

She literally didn't do anything but breathe.

Chuckles were heard behind her back, of course being friends with the very own setter and ace of the powerhouse may have its disadvantages. She isn't complaining, because they are just fans of Akaashi. She rather feels pitiful for them because they don't know that Akaashi has a soulmate.

Again, she is assumed to be the noisy and inattentive one in class. Though the inattentive one can be true somehow.

"I wonder how our volleyball team is doing in the nationals.. Akaashi-kun, Kōtarō, why do you guys have to leave me~" She lets out a sigh as her bored eyes look at her teacher whom she was mistaken for being 'noisy'.