Chapter 7

The next day, (Y/N) woke up on a bed. She looked to her other side and she saw a sleeping Sakusa beside her.

Wait, what?

They slept together last night?

Oh, she remembers what happened. A smile formed on her face and she placed her hand on top of the sleeping figure beside her with a peaceful face. He did kept his distance from her, and he really does look hot even when he's sleeping.

Pushing those thoughts aside, she carefully caresses his cheek, trying not to wake him up. A hand suddenly caught her hand that made her blush.

"That's not a nice way of waking up your soulmate, (Y/N).." Sakusa said with his morning voice.

"Well it's not my fault that my soulmate is attractive even when he's sleeping." She giggles, making him smile because she's back to normal again.

"Good morning, Omi-kun." (Y/N) said, for some reason it made the ace's heart flutter.

"Good morning, (Y/N)." He said.

~ ~ ~

"Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"I told you Omi-kun, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure you won't be lonely if I leave you on the balcony of the school?"

"Pfft, as if. You're just gonna miss me."

"Maybe I will. That's why I asked you."

Sakusa stopped walking and faced (Y/N). They finally reached the balcony where she will be waiting for Sakusa until dismissal. (Y/N) blushed with what he said to her.

He's gonna miss her? He's actually straightforward, but she doesn't blame him for always being calm and collected. He rarely explodes, though she has seen it a few times like yesterday as an example.

"Y-Yeah, I'll be fine Omi-kun. I can wait here until your classes are over." She blushes, honestly she's been feeling embarrassed around Sakusa these days. He is a mystery that she couldn't identify yet. It's true she knows his attitude, nature, and what he likes and dislikes, but why does it still feel different?

Could it be that her interest for her soulmate just keeps growing?

"Okay then. I'll see you la-"

"Wait!" She interrupted him, Sakusa gave her a confused look.

"I-I'll watch your practice in volleyball later! I didn't get to watch yesterday, though I really wanted to. So I'll watch you play later, if that's okay.." She mumbles the last part, looking away from her soulmate. (Y/N) felt a pat on her head coming from him.

"You silly ghost. I don't mind you watching me play as long as you don't get in my way that is.." He ruffles her (H/C) hair, making (Y/N)'s cheeks redder. With her being speechless at the moment, Sakusa took this opportunity to excuse himself and leave the ghost for his first class in the morning. (Y/N) definitely just stood still for a while, she could have felt her ghost heart beating so fast.

Is she starting to fall for her soulmate?

She never felt this way to anyone, not even to her old friend, Bokuto Kōtarō. She reaches out her hand to where Sakusa placed his hand on her head recently and touches it. Her cheeks felt a little warm, even if she's a ghost.

There's nothing wrong in falling for your soulmate right?

She slapped her cheeks hard and shook her head, maybe she is just overthinking.

Why does her soulmate have to be so hot?

~ ~ ~

"Left, Left!" Someone shouts as the ace spikes the ball.