five: partner

Tears brimmed her eyes. Her mind shutting down as hands roamed her body.

If only she stayed home that night.

If only

If only

If only-

All of sudden, the man's hands were gone, and she felt herself being pulled into a tight embrace.

"Don't cry y/n. He won't hurt you ever again."

Hawks was there to save her in time, and she was thankful for that.

Though...he felt bad for paying that man to grope her that night when she would leave her house to go to the grocery store. But hey. He could always make it up to her. Besides, she doesnt have to know.

~~~

《"I'm glad that I get to work with you"》

~~~

*y/n's P.O.V*

I sat crossed legged on my chair as I spun around in it. My boss stood before me as he continually read off exactly what i would be doing.

And that is...

Working with a Pro Hero to solve yet another murder case. Damn, why do people like killing others anyway? Whatever, that's like asking why people like to eat ...

"Let's see...ah! Hawks has agreed to be your partner for this case, and-"

I tuned him out by this point as my mind started to work. My quirk working quickly as I stopped spinning to face my computer. My teeth already biting my bottom lip slightly.

"That wouldn't make sense," I mumbled as I tried to figure out how the murderer escaped the scene.

My boss, on the other hand, could only sigh.

"Anyway, I'll bring Hawks over, so don't just disappear to go and investigate the murder scene alone-"

His words still didn't reach me. In fact, I didn't even hear that I would be working with a Pro Hero.

My mind was solely on the case.

"Heya, ms. police!"