nine: continued loss

"I'm here."

Those two words were all that y/n wanted to hear when she was first kidnapped. After months she was finally saved.

Though, instead of All Might standing there, it was Hawks. A light smile on his face. The villain who held her captive was long gone (not that she knew that).

"my hero."

Little did she know, was that those two words she said held a bit more weight than she had imagined.

-

《"i ... matter?"》

-

*no one's P.O.V*

"Let's get you out of here, partner."

His tone was light as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders while his other arm easilt hooked under her knees.

Though, he already knew that. He picked her up before.

And as he made a quick exit, he tried his best not to laugh. It was definitely interesting when he got to see y/n's reaction first hand. It also made it interesting as how he was the one who killed her friend in the first place.

Don't get him wrong. He will feel bad eventually, but...he desired to see all the different emotions y/n could show. What face could he get her to make next? Just thinking about what he could make her feel sent excitement and adrenaline coursing through him.

Besides, he wasn't worried about being caught. I mean,, even with her quirk, intellect, she just wouldn't be able to solve something as such as this. He was her partner after all.

Finally out of the building, she broke out crying. His eyes widening as he got to see yet another side of her. Her eyes were tightly closed. Her lips in a pout, and tears just continuing to slip down her cheeks.

"Y/n!"

Hawks sighed lightly. His gaze flicking to "Subaru" as he saw his dear best friend being carried by a hero.

"Is everything alright?!"

He was across the street, and when he ran out in the road a truck had hit him right then and there. Blood splattering onto the ground as Hawks merely gave a lopsided grin.

And just as y/n was about to look over to see yet another dead friend, Hawks was quick to cover her eyes. Granted, he wanted to see her face at such an unfortunate ACCIDENT, but that will have to wait.

"Don't look y/n," he whispered. He tried to keep in his joy, his laughter, his curiosity. Tried to keep it all in. Tried and tried and tried-

Blood, bones, and organs stuck to the front of the semi-truck. The driver tipping his hat to Hawks before stopping his truck from moving. All the police too budy examining the crime within the building to even notice the crime happening outside.

The driver then poking his head out to look at Hawks. Their eyes meeting as the driver gave yet another brief nod to Hawks as he used his quirk to disintegrate the body. Ash flowing through the air. Y/n not once being able to see what was happening thanks to Hawks' hands and wings covering her sight.

That was easy, thought Hawks as he checked off a list in his head. He had paid that driver to tail Subaru's movements that same day. Because lets face it, Hawks knew of Subaru's existence for a while now. He knew just how important Subaru was to y/n. So, he made a schedule as to when he would die.

And in all honesty, it really was a coincidence that y/n and Subaru ran into each other on the same day...

"Don't worry, y/n. I'm here."

"But someone- i was sure someone called me name," she muttered, pulling Hawks' hands away as she looked put at the street. The truck driver already getting back into his vehicle to drive away, not once looking at her in the process.

"Must of been your imagination."

"Then why did you say not to look?"

"I thought I saw something, but it was just my imagination."

Y/n looked back at the rode, the truck now leaving as she worried over the small things.

Her quirk wouldn't work at all.