eight: crime scene

When I was first kidnapped...I remember thinking that I would be saved immediately, but as weeks passed...

I soon realized that I might not have mattered much to anyone.

The villains ice quirk always made me ache and hurt. My skin breaking and peeling as muscle and bone would appear beneath.

I remember never screaming. I simply waited for a hero.

'my hero'

-

《"do I really not fucking matter to anyone?"》

-

*no one's P.O.V*

"Who was that?"

She jumped at the sudden voice. Her eyes glancing to a smirking Hawks. She rolled her eyes at him then, "just an old friend."

"Oho ho, just a friend?"

"Yep, no romantic feelings whatsoever," she said carefully. It was the truth after all. Besides, y/n knew that she was friendzoned by the male a long (long) time ago. It was quite embarrassing time for her.

"Oh! We're here," she said quickly, changing the subject, as she made a quick left into an abandoned building where the crime happened.

"H-hey, don't leave me behind!"

She laughed lightly, "what? Scared?"

"For you."

She blinked, wait, what-?

Hawks was quick to take the lead as they moved further into the building. A light smirk playing across his lips as he already knew the crime scene pretty well...

"Hey, y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Did they tell you who the victim was?"

"No, just the villain."

He nodded his head. The body had yet been taken away from the scene. Simply because the team in charge of disposing of the body were examining the scene still. And that was only confirmed by the voices sounding up ahead as the two continued on.

And just as y/n walked right into the main room where the crime happened, one of the inspectors had caught sight of her.

"Wait, Detective l/n- you can't be here-"

Though, the moment her eyes looked down to the body, she could only freeze in place. Hawks turning to look away as he tried to contain his laughter.

Her knees buckled as she landed right on the floor. Her eyes locked on the body as the inspectors there tried to cover it up as quickly as possible. They didn't know that y/n was going to he there, but they should have known better. She was the best detective the police had after all.

Her lips parting slightly as her voice cracked, "h-hikaru? Y-you were the one that was murdered? But- but how?! You, you were always so careful!"

She thought back to the last time she saw her friend, and truth be told .. the last time she saw Hikaru was at the party where she wore her onsie.

"But ... how ...?"