18 Come on boys, kiss and make up

Stay home and stay safe y'all. Wash your hands and wear your masks :)

-

"He didn't deserve you." I smiled softly, hugging him back.

"So what did I miss?" The moment was interrupted by Luke and Mark who stared at us in confusion.

"Why are people saying that Connor's gay?" Mark followed to question.

Rumors sure spread fast in school. I sighed.

"Cause I am and you're cute." He blew a kiss at Mark and winked.

Kait glanced between the 2 before stomping on Connor's foot.

"He's off limits." She whispered a bit too loudly before explaining the cafeteria situation to the 2 guys.

"Why is he off limits?" Connor turned to me, a cheeky glint in his eyes, his hands still clutching his foot.

"You know it, don't be annoying." I rolled my eyes and focused on the few of them talking.

"Wait-wait-wait! He's gay?" Luke pointed at Connor in shock.

"No, of course not, I'm just as straight as a banana." Connor smiles, draping one arm around my shoulder.

I smacked him, shaking my head and laughing at Luke's bewildered expression.

"Wait so the whole thing with being your boyfriend." He trailed off as he realized that it never would have happened.

"Yup, fake like I said, never in a million years." I answered, seeing as the last of his doubt left his mind.

"I'm sorry Claire, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that." He apologized sincerely, seeming to regret his mistake.

"It's oka-" I was interrupted by Connor who had stepped between the two of us.

"My apology?" He stuck his right hand out, his left hand on his waist.

"Sorry bro." Luke chuckled as he slapped Connor's right hand.

"Come on boys, kiss and make up." Kait chuckled, a cheeky glint in her eyes.

"I don't mind, you're not really my type but I'm not one to choose." Connor puckered up his lips as he pointed at them, leaning his body forward.

Luke's expression turned horrified as he ducked behind me and fake puked.

"You make it seem like you've never had your first kiss before." Connor hair flipped his nonexistent long hair before turning to Mark and Kait.

"He rejected me, I guess it's your turn." He winked at Mark and blew a kiss. Kait stepped in front of Mark and grabbed the imaginary kiss, throwing it on the floor and crushing it with her foot before flipping Connor off.

Mark chuckled, winking flirtatiously at Connor. His response had Kait jumping up and down to block their view of each other and prevent further interaction as the two boys continued to blow kisses and wink at each other.

The whole time I stood at the side, laughing, happy to see my old and new friends able to get along.

Luke stood beside me, glancing down at me as I watched them, his arm around my shoulder.

"Babe, you do know it's creepy to stare right?" Luke whispered to me mischievously.

I rolled my eyes at him, shaking my head at his words.

"Go away, shithead."

"You can stare at me instead." I looked up to meet his brown eyes as they stared back at me. An emotion flashed in his eyes so quickly I couldn't identify it.