20 Give me face!

I laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling as I recounted the day.

I fought back against Ann. I was so scared but I did it.

I did for my friends.

I did it for myself.

That's the first step out.

I was gonna be better soon.

I hope.

Since Kait, Luke and Mark came to my school, I've changed, slowly gaining back what I used to have.

Then, Connor came back and I started to feel like myself again, not so alone.

It was like pieces of my soul were slowly returning to the shell of my body.

I was starting to feel happy again.

It's been so long since I've felt true happiness.

It took time but I'm gradually feeling better.

It's slow but it's progress.

I just wished he was here with me.

-Flashback-

"Cuz! Hey!" He ran over, almost knocking me over when he banged into me.

"What's up?" I pushed him off me, chuckling, still so childish. Who would have thought he was older than me.

"I think I really like her." His eyes shined as he held onto my shoulders.

"Like really really like her." His grin stretched from one ear to another. His eyes sparkling.

"I can tell. Last long." I smiled, my heart warming at his sincerity.

~

"Cuzzie! I think I love her. Really." We were lying on his bed, staring at up at the glow in the dark star stickers on his ceiling. He always liked astrology.

He wanted to be an astronaut when he was older.

"Cherish her, love her as hard as she loves you. That's the only way to treat a girl." I told him, maybe one day I'll get a guy who treats me like he does her.

~

"What's wrong?" I stepped into his room, the tear streaks on his face were evident.

The normally bubbly boy was gone, replaced by a tear streaked boy, his happiness crumbling down as he hugged his knees, rocking himself on his bed.

"It's not getting better. I have to l-leave." He started sobbing again as he muttered those words.

I walked over, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"It's okay. It'll be okay." I comforted him, hoping to soothe some of his pain.

~

"Please. Help me make her hate me. That's the only way she'll let me go. I need her to move on. I don't deserve her. Please cuz." He pleaded, begging me with his eyes.

"Fine." I conceded, helping him out with his plan.

"Thank you."

~

"I'm gonna miss you cuzzie."

"Don't forget me."

"I'll never forget you."

-End of Flashback-

I never saw him again after that.

Not a call nor a text.