wilbur #2

𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧
𓆝 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗯𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝘁 𓆜

» [six feet under] «
༄ billie eilish ༄
0:00 ─〇───── 3:10
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

˗ˏ 🌧 ˎ˗‍‍‍‍

I lightly knock on the door of Wilbur's recording room.

"Baby?" I speak.

I peek into the room. He's sitting at his desk. Both of his elbows are on the tabletop, he's running his fingers stressfully through his hair. I frown at the sight. I waddle over to my boyfriend of one year. My presence seems to go unnoticed. As I get closer, I realize that he's mumbling to himself. I droop my arms over his shoulders. I link my hands together over his chest as I rest my head atop his.

"Hi." I greet him cheerfully, yet quietly.

He sighs heavily, placing his balled fists to his mouth. I'm confused. Typically, no matter what his mood is, when I do this he'll grab my hands and hold each of them in his own. I lift and tilt my head.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing. I'm fine." He replies with slight attitude.

"Babe, talk to me." I beg, not liking the sight of him so clearly stressed.

"I told you I'm fucking fine!" He snaps.

I jump as the sudden peak of his voice. This isn't normal. By now, he would tell me what's wrong and let me help him.

"I'm only trying to help." I mumble shyly.

"Well, I clearly don't want your help right now, so back off." He spits.

I take my hands off of him. "What's your problem? Why are you acting like this?"

He sighs again. "Is it that hard to understand that I don't need you right now?"

"I-"

"I'm my own person. Let me deal with my own shit." He continues.

It hurts. It really does. No part of me can detect why the hell he's so mad.

"Well I'm sorry that I don't like seeing you upset. Why is that suddenly a problem?" I fight back.

"Just leave. Go to our bedroom or something." He commands. "This isn't worth it right now."

"What's with you?"

"Y/n, just leave the room. I'll talk to you later." His back is still to me as he speaks.

I go back to being as calm as possible, "Will, just speak to me."

"Y/N!" He shouts as he stands up and turns around to look at me. "JUST LEAVE! I DON'T WANT YOU HERE RIGHT NOW! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

Tears fill my eyes quicker than I knew was possible. Yeah, we've fought before, but never like this. Wilbur has never yelled at me like that before.

Instant regret covers his face. I can tell that he didn't mean to explode like that. It doesn't make it hurt any less though.