ted #4.5

𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝
☾ 𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 ☽

» [23] «
༄ red rocks worship ༄
0:00 ─〇───── 3:52
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

˗ˋ 💙 ˊ˗

Light pours into my eyes. I sigh quietly before opening my eyes fully. Now my attention goes to the fact of how close Ted and I are cuddling. Sure, we've cuddled over the past few nights, but it's never been this close.

His arms are wrapped around the small of my back loosely as my head rests on his chest. Not to mention, our legs are completely tangled. Even though I'm super warm, (which helps due to the freezing cold room) I have a feeling Ted would be very uncomfortable if he woke up to the same thing I have. I slowly pull myself from Ted's arms, trying as hard as possible not to wake him. Against my attempts, his arms wrap around me tighter, pulling me closer.

He mumbles out a few groggy words like a groan. "You're warm. Don't go."

My face flushed for what feels like the hundredth time this week. Not wanting to upset him, (also due to me being super comfy and warm) I rest and melt into his arms. My eyelids cover my sight again. I sigh with content.

My eyes fly open as I come to a realization.

Holy fuck.

I've fallen in love with this doofus.

☆═━ m i l k m a n ═━☆

The day before we leave runs on. I can sense that I'm being awkward around Ted, yet I can't help it. You'd think that me noticing my feelings would make this whole act better, yet it makes it way harder for me. I can't help but feel that I'm taking advantage of the situation. I'm so blinded by the predicament that I can't even focus on how I'm acting in front of my family.

I've barely spoken to Ted all day. I've unconsciously avoided even standing close to him. Why did I let myself fall?

☆═━ quick ted pov  ━═☆

I feel awful. Ever since we woke up, Y/n's been both quiet and distant. At the beginning, I blamed the cuddling. About halfway through the day, I remembered what the fuck I did last night. I thought it was the right move. Why else would she tell me about the question her mom asked?

Either way, I feel like I messed up royally by kissing her last night

☆═━ that night  ━═☆

The day passes by slyly. Not much to mention besides when Chloe pulled me aside to ask me a simple question.

"Auntie Y/n? Did you and Uncle Ted get into a fight last night?" Her shy and slightly quivered words hit me right in the gut.

I, of course, immediately turn down the suspicion, assuring her that we're happy and everything is okay.

Later, I head off to bed without Ted. Not that I didn't expect it, but Ted follows not long after. He walks in on me sitting cross-legged on my side of the bed, leaned against the headboard. He closes and locks the door behind him. As soon as he walks in, I direct my attention from my book to him. As he closes and locks the door, I mark my place, and set it on my nightstand. Now, concerned.

He stands at the end of the bed, on my side. His arms go out, "I'm sorry, okay?"

I'm highly confused. What does he have to be sorry for? I should be the one apologizing for both falling for him and also for giving him the silent treatment.