cooper #6

𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐨...
✧ 𝗰𝘀𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗽 ✧

Waiting Game ~ Banks 🔥
Friends ~ Chase Atlantic 📸
Daddy Issues ~ The Neighbourhood 📞
Hotbox and Cuddle? ~ Salads 🚬

˗ˏ 💋 ˎ˗‍‍‍‍

"Are you sure it won't be awkward?" Ali's worried tone of voice is masked by shyness.

"Ali, it's been nearly a year. He's probably forgotten just as much as I have."

"But wasn't it like a really big deal? Between you two? And your brother?"

Around a year ago, Y/n went to visit her older brother, Carson, in San Diego. Not only that, but she also met some of his friends for the first time. One of those friends was Cooper. The two had only heard of the other's existence before they met. It was obvious to everyone that they had hit it off almost immediately. However, on the last night of Y/n's two week stay, the rest of the group left Cooper behind at Y/n's hotel room. On purpose of course. Neither of them seemed to care. Actually, they spent the night messing around, talking, and smoking weed. As the story went, the two of them got really fucking high. While under the influence, they indulged in a make out session. Nothing more, nothing less as they told. Against what you may think, Carson didn't really care. The occurrence more or or less just led to teasing within the friend group towards Cooper, and Carson always picking on his baby sister about it. And that's all there was to it. Weed and making out. It happens all the time.

Y/n knew it would come up during the visit; it didn't really concern her. "Ali," She turns to her best friend/roommate. "It'll be okay. It'll just be the guys joking about it here and there. It won't bother us. And don't even begin to get scared over them not liking you."

"You're sure?"

"I know from stories they sound borderline insane, but I promise they're super chill. And I already know you will get along with Travis better than you have with anyone."

"Thank god..."

"They can get a little bit insane sometimes, but I'll protect you."

☀️. . ˗ˏˋ sorry i hate writing introductions ࿐ྂ

It was apparent from the moment their eyes landed on each other for the second time that something was up. Breathing felt harder with all the tension clouding up the room. The looks, the comments, and the silence that fell more often than it didn't gradually got hard to handle. Even with that, it goes unaddressed. The group just lets Cooper and Y/n act weird around each other.

"What is..." Carson thinks of another question for the girls "the craziest experience you've had in college?" He puts on and odd voice for the one word.

"I know Y/n's answer!" Ali chirps quickly with her arm in the air.

Y/n's hand quickly slaps over Ali's mouth, not wanting what she's about to say to be known by everyone in the room. "That's not fair! Ali doesn't do anything! She just follows me around and watches me do dumb shit!"

Ali shrugs, speaking even with her friend's hand over her mouth, ignoring how mumbled it is. The group of guys beg to hear the story, to which Y/n peels it away, allowing her story to be heard.

"So one night she forced me out of the house with her so Evan's friend wouldn't feel left out-"

"Who's Evan?"

"You pipe up now?" Y/n taunts Cooper.

"I'm just curious." He spits back.

She's immediately annoyed by how literally he took the little poke. Usually, he'd taunt back. Not anymore, obviously. "He's a friend." Y/n states with a piercing gaze directed towards Cooper.