charlie #4

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐧
❁ 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲 ❁

» [let's fall in love for the night] «
FINNEAS
0:00 ─〇───── 3:10
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

˗ˋ 👗 ˊ˗

Wedding receptions are a lot less fun when you're not only single, but all of your friends aren't. As one of the groomsmen, you'd think I'd be having a blast. Dancing, getting drunk, requesting stupid songs, something, but I'm just here watching all of my friends dance with their girlfriends, and for one, wife. Sure, I'm drinking a little bit, but it's only for comfort. I'm not looking to get drunk by any means.

My eyes drift up to the crowd. Then around the tables. Mostly elderly people that probably shouldn't dance and some married couples that would just prefer to watch their children. There is, however, one person. She appears to be around (height) tall, but then again, she is probably wearing heals. She harbors beautifully tied back, h/c hair. Her dress is a combination of maroon and black, a bridesmaid dress. Her lips are a matte, dark red paired with dark yet minimal eyeliner, long lashes, a gold/bronze eyeshadow, and a slight sheen across her cheeks. Her smile is captivating. Her exchange with an elderly couple seems to be in slow motion as I watch her lips move and form into a smile. One word: breathtaking. Her eyes suddenly meet mine. Her e/c eyes that are beautiful from even this far away. She glances back down to the couple as I look away, back at my drink.

Fuck.

After a few minutes, I find myself sat next to this girl. "Now, tell me how I didn't see you during the ceremony?" Her voice is exactly as I would've imagined it. I look up at her. Closer up, the flecks of (color) in her eyes shine through.

"What?"

"You're a groomsman aren't you?"

(let's just pretend this is possible, ok?)

My response takes a second. "Yeah."

"So~" She's asking about my relation. How I can tell? Not sure, but it seems obvious to me. "We've been best friends since we were little." She nods at my word. "And you?"

"Younger sister."

"Of Angelina?"

She nods. "One of two."

A comfortable silence falls as we smile at each other. "Not drinking?" I ask, taking a sip of my own cup.

She shakes her head. "Can't. I'm not of age. I still have two years to wait out." Nineteen. Good to know. "I'm not saying I've never drank. It just isn't the right night for that, for me."

Is it weird that I already want to talk to her for hours?

↠━━━━ღ time skip babeyyy ღ━━━↞

Hours have passed. We've sat laughing, talking, and eating cake. We hit it off almost immediately. As a spurt of laughter dies down into mere giggles, her head turns to the dance floor. Currently, an Avicii song plays over the speakers.

"Do you wanna dance?" After my question, she looks at me with an open smile.

"No, I can't." She shakes her head.