charlie #2

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐠
❁ 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲 ❁

» [midnight city] «
m83
0:00 ─〇───── 4:02
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

˗ˋ 🔫 ˊ˗

Laser tag is heated. Especially when you're the only girl, still a very competitive girl, against a group of six guys. We had a choice to play in teams. Cooper, however, was adamant that he's better than everyone, especially Charlie, and demanded that we play every man for himself. It sounds like something Ted would do, but Cooper is so sure he's the best laser tag player to ever step on this earth. With Cooper and Charlie both being sure that they're each the best, I feel a spurt of competitiveness within me. In other words, now I feel like I have to prove these stupid boys wrong.

"You're making a mistake." Ted warns me. "They're going to eat you alive."

I scoff, slipping my gun from the holster attached to my vest. "I'd like to see them try."

"I'm more scared of you than the other two right now." Travis frets.

I smile at him. "I'll spare you." Cooper pops in with an opposing comment. "I won't. I'm winning, so I'll annihilate anyone who gets in my way." I roll my eyes at his cockiness. Making his own way over, Charlie enters the conversation. "You're both delusional if you really believe you have a chance."

I roll my eyes for the second time. This time, at Charlie. "Okay, corn man. I'd like to see you rank #1."

Carson pipes up. "You're all way too competitive for laser tag."

Noah asks the three of us a question. It's hard to tell if he's making a joke or not. "You know they're not real lasers, right?"

↬↬↬ pUdDi PuDdI ↫↫↫

The score is entirely unknown to me. I feel as if I've been doing decently well. When it comes to the three way battle, I've shot Cooper at least ten times. To be fair, he's hit me a respectable seven or so times. Charlie, on the other hand, I've seen very few times. When I have seen the guy, he's almost avoided shooting me; he screws himself over by doing this. All I do in response is shoot him and gain more points.

"Cooper! You just shot me like a minute ago!" Travis yells from the top level of the arena.

My breathing feels heavy as I tip toe against a neon-lit wall. My gun is held up by my shoulder as I stalk for Cooper. My back pulls from the wall as an opening comes up. Seeing no one around, I let down my gun. What the fuck? I think to myself. There's literally seven of us. Where are they? In the middle of thinking, my name is whispered from behind me.

"Y/n!" Charlie whisper-shouts at me before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me back and behind a half wall. Not ready for the yank, I sort of stumble onto the floor. I pipe up in a quieted tone. "What was this for again?"

"Cooper's coming."

I arch one of my eyebrows and look back at him. "And you're saving me why?"

He shrugs with a stuck out lip. "I don't want Cooper to win."

"He won't." I smirk. "I will, so don't worry about him."

He pushes out a hushed chuckle. "Don't be so cocky."

"Sorry not sorry." I grin. The two of us quietly giggle as Charlie slips a hand onto my waist. Then, and only then, do I notice how we're positioned. While I'm sat on the carpeted floor, Charlie is crouched against the wall. My back is pressed against his stomach and head against his chest. My heart begins to pound even stronger than it was when I snuck up on Noah earlier in the game. Fuck. My mind curses at me as I almost melt into his warm touch.

Close footsteps avert my attention. "The prey has arrived." Charlie whispers in an awful Australian accent. While propping myself up into a squat, I giggle out a "Shut up" directed towards him. Charlie and I look up in unison; there's Cooper. On the opposite side of the half wall. In one swift motion, Charlie presses his gun to my back, pulling the trigger and causing my vest to vibrate and scream. He shoots up just in time to nail the double kill. "YES! SCREW YOU GUYS!" I slowly stand up, the feeling of betrayal represented perfectly on my face. "What?" I slap Charlie's arm causing laughter from the equally fucked over Cooper. "Ouch!"

"That's how my dignity feels! I trusted you!" I squeal jokingly. Cooper pops in, catching onto our original, undiscussed plan. "Were you two planning on ganging up on me?"

"I thought that was the plan!" I exclaim, still looking up at Charlie. "What the fuck?!" Cooper laughs.

"What are you idiots doing?" Carson asks before I raise my gun and shoot him. Unluckily for Carson, he arrived as soon as I was back in play. "Fuck..."

*̥˚ what's up mother shuckers *̥˚

"I dominated you two for sure." Cooper spits out as we walk out of the arena.

"No, I'm pretty sure Y/n took this one." Ted laughs. "She shot me like twelve times."

Travis pops in at a louder volume. "She was around every corner! I thought you were sparing me too!"

I shrug. "Plans changed when Cooper kept hitting his shots. Sorry Trav."

We walk out into the light of the arcade. Charlie, Cooper, and I shove our ways to the front of our group to see the TV screen displaying our scores. Checking my gun again for my nickname, I look up at the scores.

"YES! I TOLD YOU GUYS THAT I'D WIN!" I jump in the air and shout at my distraught friends.

"I was two kills from winning. FUCKING TWO!" Cooper complains.

"So was I! Don't act so sad!" Charlie whines.

"I hate you sometimes." Cooper breathes out, directed towards me.

"Love you too, Cooper!"

A few minutes later, I'm taking off my vest. I take down my hair as Charlie approaches me, slipping his own vest into the hook next to me. "In all seriousness, good game." I look up and over at him. He smiles at me. "Even though you definitely cheated."

My mouth slightly parts with raised eyebrows. "You think so?" He hums in response. "Sore loser..." I mumble, retying my hair up.

"Excuse me, ma'am!" He gasps. I retaliate quickly. "You called me a cheater!"

"Did not!" He refuses before both of us break into laughter.

I put my hands down, finishing my hair. "Don't think I'm still not pissed at you for what you pulled in there, slick."

He tilts his head. "You'll forgive me."

I shake my head with a small smirk. "Something like that is hard to forgive and forget."

˗ˋ 🔫 ˊ˗

well. there you go. pew pew.
so thanks for 10k reads...even tho i just thanked you guys for 9k. holy fuck.
hope you enjoyed🧩

~ 1-800

published : June 11, 2020
words : 1176