Chapter 2: dont be a bitch

§

5:00 rolled around, and April and I were both getting ready. As soon as she got out of the shower, I got in. April knocked on the door and asked if she could brush her teeth. I let her, and she asked me what I was planning on wearing. "I don't know," I answered. "Doesn't really matter, does it?"

"Harrison texted me that it was a nicer place," she told me.

"He texted you?" I asked, peaking my head out from behind the curtain.

"Yeah," she said.

"When did you get his number?"

"When he asked us to dinner. It only makes sense."

I rolled my eyes and went back to my shower. "I still don't care what I'm wearing," I told her.

"Well I do," she said. "You're going to look cute."

"I'm going to wear jeans."

"You are not. You're going to wear a dress and you're going to like it."

"Can't make me."

"Chris."

I stuck my head out from behind the curtain again. The shampoo started to drip down the side of my face. "Have I said yet that I can't stand you?" I said. "Because I can't fucking stand you." April smiled and spit the toothpaste into the sink, then left me alone in the bathroom.

When I finished my shower and went into my bedroom, I saw that April had laid out two outfits for me: one was a black dress, the other a black romper. "Gee!" I yelled to her, knowing she was in her room. "Glad you gave me options."

"I love you!"

I decided on the romper. It was cute but also kind of sexy. Not that i wanted to look sexy for anyone in particular. Sometimes it was just nice to look sexy for myself. And that was exactly what I told April when she wolf whistled at me. She was wearing a red dress that I knew to be her I'm-gonna-get-some dress. "If you bring him over, don't keep me up all night," I told her.

"I won't make any promises," she said with a wink.

"Ugh," I shuddered. "I hate thinking about you having sex."

"No one's asking you to think about it."

We plugged the address Harrison gave us into my phone and headed off. It was about a twenty minute drive, and it looked like it was a nicer area of town. When we pulled up to the house, I saw that I was right. Because this wasn't a house. This was a mansion . Once I pulled up to the gate (yes, gate ), April and I both stared up at the house in awe. I pulled up to the intercom and was met with a voice that said, "Name?"

"Uh, I'm (Y/N)," I said. "And I'm with my sister April. We're here to meet Tom and Harrison?" There was silence on the other end, but the gate opened and let us in. "I hate this," I told her. "This is creepy."

"Creepy?" April repeated. "Are you kidding? They're rich! This is amazing!"

Harrison and Tom were waiting outside for us. I parked the car in their driveway and got out with April. She approached Harrison with a quick hug, and I trailed behind, awkwardly sending him a wave. Tom had his arms folded across his chest and looked like he wanted to be anywhere except with us. He and Harrison were both wearing the same outfit- black slacks and white button-up shirts. Tom's sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, just like they had been the first day we met, but Harrison's were down to his wrists. Tom's hair was gelled smoothly, but Harrison's was fluffier and less put-together. Those two facts alone were perfect examples of the stark differences in their personality.