Chapter 21: turning me on

*smut*

§
Most of the day was spent watching movies and doing nothing. It wasn't until after dinner that things started to change. Tom called for another meeting at 7:00, so one by one, people arrived and made their way downstairs. I retreated to my room as soon as people started to come because I didn't want to run into that creepy guy again.

When there was a knock at my door, I called to let the person in. It was Tom. "Hey, petal," he said.

"Don't you have that meeting?" I asked, looking away from the TV.

"I was hoping you would come join me," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows and felt my heart start to race a bit more.

"To your meeting?" I clarified. He nodded. "Uh, do I, do I have to?"

"No," Tom said. "But I think it'd be good for you if you were at this one." I decided to oblige, knowing Tom would never put me in a situation I wasn't safe in. We both walked downstairs, and I found April there as well. Harrison had pulled up a chair for her, and she was sitting next to him. Tom sat at the head of the table and pulled me down to sit on his lap. I did, blushing a bit as I looked at everyone. They were all staring at me, and I caught eyes with the guy who made me feel uncomfortable. I looked away just as fast.

Tom stuck his hand out to Harrison who handed him a gun. I swallowed thickly and watched as he held it in his hand. "James," Tom said. All eyes moved to the creepy guy, and I tensed up.

"Yes, sir," the guy -James- said, staring straight at Tom.

"Do you know who this is?" he asked, motioning to me.

"No, sir, I do not," he said.

"Have you ever seen her before?" Tom continued.

"Yes, sir."

"And you didn't know who she was when you saw her?"

"No, sir."

Tom nodded slowly and set the gun on the table. "This, gentlemen, is my girlfriend, (Y/N)," he said, squeezing my thigh. I gave everyone a tight-lipped smile. "Now, James," he continued, "we have twelve commandments, don't we?"

"Yes, sir," James said.

"Tell me, what's the tenth commandment?"

James swallowed and clenched his jaw. He didn't look afraid, but he did look annoyed. "Wives and girlfriends must be treated with respect," he mumbled.

"That's right," Tom said. He picked up his gun and tapped it against his chin. "(Y/N) told me the things you said to her. The way you touched her." His grip on the gun tightened. He was getting angry at the memory of what I told him, I could tell. "It didn't sound very respectful."

"Listen, boss, I didn't mean-"

" Listen? " Tom repeated, his voice raising. "You're telling me to listen?"

"I'm sorry, sir," James said. He still seemed angry, but there was a twinkle of fear in his eyes now. Tom let out a dry laugh and raised the gun, pointing it at James.

"Oh my god," I whispered, raising a shaking hand to cover my mouth.

"You owe my girl an apology," Tom said. "Apologize to her."