Chapter 10: dont feel good

§

Around 10:00, the house was quiet. I moved silently around my bedroom and put on the outfit I had hung up in the closet a few hours ago: a gold sparkly romper with spaghetti straps and a v-neck. I put my hair in a high pony and curled the strands then did my make-up as quickly as I could. By 10:30, I was ready. My plan was to order an Uber to pick me up at the maccas (McDonald's) a block down the street. That way, if anyone in the house was awake, they wouldn't see me get picked up in a car. The most difficult part was going to be leaving the house. I wasn't going to leave through the front door because I didn't trust any of them to not see me. The only thing I thought might work would be to leave through the bedroom window. But that was ridiculous, right?

Yes, yes it was. But I was desperate.

I opened the window and snuck out, looking across the lawn as I hurried down the driveway and out of the gate. Luckily the bars were far enough apart that I could squeeze through them without actually opening the gate. My Uber got to maccas a few seconds after I did, so I gave them the address of the club I wanted to go to.

The ride was short, and I got into the club almost right away. I made my way straight to the bar and ordered myself a shot of tequila followed by a tequila lemonade. Enough tequila would get me slutty drunk, which was the kind of drunk I was feeling. Loneliness had a tendency to do that to a person.

After I drank two tequila lemonades at the bar, I ordered a third and went out to the dancefloor while I waited for it. There were a lot of people around my age who were dancing against each other to the music, so I decided to join the group. They let me into their circle right away, and I started dancing with them. Some of the girls and I playfully grinded with each other while the boys cheered us on. It was the kind of fun I usually had with my college friends, and I hadn't realized I had been missing it until then.

I went back over to the bar to down my new drink. I plopped onto a barstool and took the first sip, enjoying the way the alcohol warmed my body. The bartender gave me a smile. "Can I guess?" she asked. I raised my eyebrows. "A break-up?"

I laughed. "No. More like I just got into a relationship. And it's shit. And I'm stuck in it with no end in sight."

She let out a low whistle. "Sorry. That is shit."

"Tell me about it," I huffed.

"What makes you think you can't get out of it?" she asked.

"Huh?"

"Out of the shitty relationship."

I laughed. "Call it a hunch." I downed the rest of my drink and opened my mouth to ask for another. Before I could- "Put this one on my tab."

I looked to my right and saw a very handsome man sitting two stools down from me. I smiled and put my chin in my hand. "And who are you?" I asked, fluttering my eyelashes. He reached his hand out for me to shake.

"Liam," he said. I shook his hand -firm- and slid into the seat next to him.

"(Y/N)," I said back. "Thanks for the drink. What do I owe ya?"

He chuckled. "How about a dance?"

"Done," I said with a smile. The two of us stood up and made our way to the dancefloor. I didn't know the song that was playing, but I knew it had a good beat for me to grind to. I wasted no time and turned so my back was to Liam's front. He put his hands on my hips and pulled me close to him. We moved to the music, and I felt his hand slide down to my thigh, squeezing my leg softly. I was reminded of dancing with Tom. Tom was shorter than Liam, but not by much. They were probably also years apart in age -Liam being older- but, again, not by much. Liam had more muscle mass, but Tom-