Chapter 24

Lilly's POV

One week later...

I pick at the absolutely disgusting mac and cheese. I pick at it and I move the cheesy mess around my tray. I slowly pick up my fork and I put a single noddle onto it. I then lifted the fork up to my face and my hand shakes.

I put the food in my mouth and I right away start gagging on the processed garbage that is in my mouth.

I spit out the noodle and I cough a lot, I spit again trying to get the taste out of my mouth.

Everybody looks at me but nobody says anything.

I move the mac and cheese to the corner of the tray and I try some of the veggies, I pick up a carrot and I slowly crunch down on it and my eyes blinking with anxiety.

"Okay, everybody, it is quiet time" A nurse calls, As everyone else gets up and starts going to their rooms, I don't move.

"Lilly, Time to go to your room" Somebody behind me says, I don't flinch but instead I stare at my tray, Two nurses grab me and they bring me to my room "NO LEAVE ME ALONE, LEAVE ME ALONE, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING" I scream in fear.

I continue screaming for what feels like a century, They put a lock on my door from the outside so that I cannot leave during quiet time.

Tears stream down my face as I look around my room for relief, I grab my hairbrush and I start scratching at my wrists with it.

I put my brush down and I look down at my scratched wrists which are covered in blood and suddenly I feel like I was going to faint. I slam my fist into the door and I start screaming again. Then I grab a bobby pin from my hair and I pick the lock.

I open the door and I race around the corner, I open the door and I race around the corner crawling myself into a ball. I lay on the floor and I start whimpering "I'm sorry I didn't win, I'm sorry I didn't win" I mumble over and over.

"Lilly?" A nurse says looking at me. She can see the distress I'm in and she goes straight for the phone, I don't know who she calls, I honestly just don't care, I just want to go home.