I got you || Season 5

request

"reader is with Clarke and Maddie while Bellamy is in the Ark. Can you do a cute reunion scene? Where Diyoza captures her instead of Clarke and Bellamy comes and that's the first time they are seeing each other. They've been dating since the Ark and Bellamy didn't end up with Echo, maybe they had a fling but it wasn't the same as the connection he has with the reader."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

BELLAMY'S POV

One would think that after 6 years of losing the love of your life, one would be able to move on, to find a way to remember them without feeling like the world was going to crumble over them any time they thought of them. Well, I hadn't been so lucky. I had lost Y/N, I had left her behind and now she was dead; all our plans, our dreams of a peaceful future together gone in an instant. I had wanted to be with her until my body gave up, I wanted to marry her, to have kids with her, to grow old together and hold her in my arms every night; I had wanted to make love to her like it was our first time every day; I had wanted to give her all I could and even more if she asked for it... I had only wanted her to stay alive and that was the only thing that I hadn't been able to do: keep the person that I loved more than I thought I could, and that loved me much more than I deserved, safe.

- "Hey, look on the bright side." -Emori walked up to me, squeezing my shoulder- "You are finally going to reunite with your sister."

She patted my back once more before entering the pod, everyone else already inside except for Murphy and Raven who had decided to stay back to make sure we had some bait on the soldiers whose pod we were stealing to get back to the ground. I knew I had to focus, we could be going down into a war zone but, still, I couldn't help but think of Y/N, remembering every time she had fought by my side. A smile on my lips as I saw her clear as day in my mind, wielding her gun like it was an extension of her hand.

- "Yeah, at least O will be there."

I sighed, rubbing my face before walking into the pod, not even worried about how our reentrance to Earth would be, or how Emori would manage by herself; half of it was because I knew she could do it, the other half was me being absent, retreating into my thoughts to be with Y/N for a moment before the reality of never seeing her again hit me completely. I had never admitted it out loud but, until now, I had toyed with the idea that she'd have somehow survived; I knew it was stupid but it had helped me fall asleep at night without her in my arms, especially when even the tears had left me.

------------------

YOUR POV

Another day in Eden. It wasn't bad at all; in fact, I couldn't complain for this was the best I had lived since... well, since I was born: the freedom, the safety, the family I had, and the food? Don't get me started. It had been funny at the beginning: mapping out the valley to make sure we didn't miss on any resources, finding Madi, getting her to trust us, trusting her, teaching her English as we got by with our little knowledge of Trigedasleng at the very beginning... basically, making the valley our home. Clarke had encouraged me to talk on the radio with our friends, with Bellamy, she said it'd keep me sane; I wasn't sure if it worked but it was part of our routine now, not doing it would feel wrong.

I kept looking up at the sky at night, watching the constellations Bellamy had taught me about, wondering if he was seeing them too; trusting he was seeing them too. He was alive, I was certain of it. Still, I kept wondering what was keeping them from coming back to Earth, what kept him from coming back to me. Who'd have told me eight years ago when I first met him back in the Ark, that'd we'd find ourselves in this situation. I missed him more than I wanted to admit out loud; he had been by my side for two years, almost 24/7 and then, he was gone. I hoped he missed me too. I hoped he remembered me. I hoped he wouldn't move on. I hoped he hadn't; that'd break my heart. It'd break me.