Day Twenty-Two: Chat Blanc

Hello everyone! I first want to say THANK YOU for all the support! I never thought I would get this far! It warms my heart! I love you all! Vote and comment if you've enjoyed this one-shot, thank you! Enjoy reading!                                                                                                                                                    -Colorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He couldn't believe it. Well actually, he could believe it. He could believe it because he had suspected it. Still, that didn't mean he thought he was right. 

"Chat? You alright?" Marinette asked. Chat Noir personally thought that her voice was too calm to be human, given the circumstances.

"No!" He squeaked, two octaves higher than usual. His eyes were wide and everywhere from his neck up was covered in blush. "I just- I," He took in a deep breath. "I need to sit down." Slowly he clamored over to one of the chairs in Marinette's balcony and flopped down.

"Chat, you're starting to worry me." Marinette bit her lip and fiddled with her hands awkwardly.

"Well, it's not everyday that you figure out your Princess is also your Lady." Chat breathed out.

As he became calmer Marinette started to panic. As the blush left his face it entered hers and as his eyes closed hers only widened.

"YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T KNOW?" Marinette shrieked. "Oh God, oh no, oh God, you didn't know, which means I just gave away my identity, which means that you know now. Oh God, oh God, oh God. This means that I went against direct orders, which I thought were already viloated because you called me Bugaboo so I assumed you knew, but you didn't. Oh God, oh God, oh God. What if word gets out, what if Hawkmoth finds out, the Miracle Box is in danger, oh God, oh God, THIS IS A DISASTER!" Marinette panicked. Chat couldn't help but chuckle at her antics. Which she heard and sent him a death glare. "I'm glad you find this funny." She growled and he gulped.

"Look, Mari," Chat went over to put a hand on her shoulder. "While this isn't ideal-."

"That's an understatement." She cut him off, chuckling bitterly. 

"We can work something out and find a solution." He said calmly. 

"How?" Marinette asked, distraught, "I can't erase anything this time." She said.

"Wait," Chat signaled time-out by making a t with his hands, "What do you mean, this time? Has this happened before?" Marinette didn't look at him. "Mari, did it?" She just walked over to her trapdoor. She was planning on going inside and form a plan with Tikki and avoid Chat Noir for as long as possible.

"Goodbye, Chat." She whispered, before opening up her hatch.

"MARINETTE PLEASE!" Chat cried. Marinette paused, she could hear the desperation in her voice.

A moment later arms were around her face and she felt Chat's face burrow into her back.

"Don't shut me out." He whispered. "I already lost," He paused and she could feel a wetness through her shirt. "I can't loose you too." He sobbed into her shirt. Marinette could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Alright." She whispered softly. "Come on in." 

"Thank you." He whispered loosening his grip on her. She walked down into her room and Chat followed.

This was hardly the first time he had been here. He had started visiting Marinette quite some time ago, all thanks to an akuma attack that led to him being invited over for dinner. He gladly accepted and so he became the unofficial house cat of the Dupain-Cheng's.