Day Thirty: Soulmates

Hello! I've been so so so excited to write this one! So this is a soulmate AU because I love soulmate AU's so much and I couldn't resist. Besides the fact that there are soul marks, nothing has changed. Vote and comment if you've enjoyed, thanks!                                                                                  -Colorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, why can I see this again?" Marinette asked, gazing at her ankle in awe.

"Well, because you're the Ladybug Miraculous, you're able to see the red strings that connect soulmates." Tikki explained. Marinette looked up at her kwami.

"But why? What does a Miraculous have to do with soulmate magic?" She asked. Tikki looked at her holder nervously.

"Well, do you remember-?" Whatever Tikki was about to say was cut off by a very familiar sound.

Tap, tap, tap.

"We'll talk about this later." Tikki said before flying away to hide. Marinette opened up her trap door to see Chat Noir standing there, the normal grin on his face.

"Hey Mari."

"Hey Chat." She greeted him as she came out to the balcony. "What's up?' She asked and he shrugged. 

"The normal. I just finished patrolling the city." He said smiling at her.

"Oh? Anything exciting happen?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, I stopped a mugging." He said way too casually.

"You did?" Marinette leaned forward, inspecting him. "Are you hurt?" She gave him the once-over when a flash of red caught her eye. 

'His red string. I wonder who his soulmate is?' She thought to herself.

"I'm fine Purrincess." Chat purred snapping her attention back to his face. 

"Chat," She said, noticing a cut on his cheek. She ran her finger along it carefully. "Does this hurt?"

"N-no." His stutter gave him away.

"Come on, let's go inside." Marinette told him staring to walk towards her trapdoor.

"W-what? Why?" Marinette shot him a glare.

"So we can clean you up."

"Marinette, it's just a small cut." He tried to console her, but she was having none of it.

"Yeah, but if his knife was rusted or if it had something on it, sometimes a small cut is all it takes. Let's get you cleaned up." She said. Chat looked down.

"You really don't have to." He muttered. Marinette sighed and walked back towards him.

"I know I don't have to, but I want to. Seriously, let me take care of you." She said, placing her hand on his cheek. "Please Kitty?" She asked, knowing that he was a sucker for the nickname. 

He looked back up at her and let out a long sigh.

"Alright."

"Yay!" Marinette grabbed his arm. "Now come on!" She lead him into her room and pointed to her chaise. "Sit."

"Yes, Dr. Dupain-Cheng." Chat teased her, but he laid down on the chaise nonetheless. Marinette walked over to her desk and pulled out her First Aid Kit.

"Did he get you anywhere else? Don't try lying to me." Marinette gave him a glare. Chat laughed a tiny bit. Marinette was a tiny girl, but she was incredibly intimidating when she wants to be.