the interview

{chapter 12}

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

[tyler point of view at the airport]

over the course of time taylor and i had hung out, i started to really like her. like really really like. i was starting to get attached, but i knew we needed to slow things down.

we were both busy with basketball and lived no where near each other. i'm such a dumb ass. i worded it the complete opposite of how i wanted to and made her cry.

i made the only girl that i have truly liked this much cry. not only that she hates me now. what am i going to do? i can't just go see her i have a job to get back to. i'm such a screw up.

maybe it's for the best? we both needed to focus on our career and health right now. who am i kidding i still wanted her. i would do anything to take back what i just did.

i texted jimmy on the plane telling him what i had just done asking him for help and get this; it's so bad he doesn't even know what to do. i'm so screwed. i need to get her back.

[3rd person]

when taylor got back to her house, she cried. after that she cried again. then she cried. oh did i mention she cried. a full day she did nothing but sit at home upset over a boy she had barley talked to, but always liked.

eva and jaida tried and tried to cheer her up, but failed. her games she played below her standards and was just going through a very hard time. the same time tyler left her, she had found out her papa's cancer came back.

they had always been close and he single handily was the reason she started playing basketball. he had played at memphis state when he was in college and they always played games with each other.

it wasn't a walk in the park for tyler either. he got back to miami and played awful in a few games. everyone was putting pressure on him to be great and he felt as if he was letting them down.

he similarly to taylor moped around when he got back. bam had to drag his butt to practice most times and jimmy gave him a "talk" about all the things he could do to fix their relationship.

[taylors point of view]

we had a game today against lsu and i played like absolute trash. i had 11 points and missed a couple wide open shots. my coach pulled me in his office after.

"taylor what the hell is going on you've been slacking a lot lately." he said as we both sat down. i couldn't take it anymore and burst into tears.

"i'm so sorry really i-i just i found out some really bad news on top of something else that happened and i just don't know what to do." i put my head down in my hands.

"i'm really sorry i'm disappointing the team." i was crying a lot and i never really was much of a cryer this was just a very tuff month.

"no taylor you are not disgusting to us we are just concerned. all of us have noticed your attitude change and just were hoping you were okay do you want to talk about it?" he asked being very polite and not acting like a coach, but a friend.

"actually yes i think it's be good to just talk about it." i looked up and he handed me a tissue.

"so you i met this guy and he pretty much dumped me so i was upset about that and then about an hour or so after i got a phone call from my dad. he said my grandpa wasn't doing well and he had a few years back beat cancer, but it came back and i just can't lose him he deserves to live a longer life he's such a good person." i said crying even more if that's even possible.

it wasn't regular crying either. it was crying so hard i couldn't breathe and was having really bad anxiety.

"you should go be with your family for a bit and see him. he does deserve a better life, but i think he would rest peacefully knowing his family was joyful of the life he did live and not sad of the one he lost." he came over and patted me on the back. he was absolutely right, but it was just hard.

we talked for a while longer before i went out and went to the locker room. it was pretty late so i figured everyone would be gone, but no when i walked through the door the entire team came up and hugged me.

it was actually really nice and really was making me feel better. they were all being so supportive and loving and just made me feel better. we all decided to have a team sleep over to just bond more with each other and so i wouldn't be alone.

i decided that before we all went there i needed to make 2 phone calls.

first to my papa.

second to tyler. as much as i didn't want to talk to him i had to ask him why. why'd he leave me? why'd he hurt me like that after we pretty much were together?

i called my papa first and had an amazing amazing eye opening conversation with him. we talked about all the things i loved to do with him. basketball, eat ice cream, make cake pops, watch indiana jones movies. he told me something similar to what my coach did.

"i enjoy the life i live and i want y'all to too. don't wallow over my death. celebrate the life i lived and find peace that i am resting with god now. i'll never die and i'm always with you."

i told him about tyler and he told me that boys were boys and boys were dumb. he tried to push away my nana at first because he wanted to focus on basketball as well, but realized how dumb it was. it made me laugh.

we ended the call by saying i love you to each other and i tried very hard not to cry but i couldn't help it. he had got me through so much in life.

next on the list to make me upset, tyler.
i clicked on his number and called him.

oh god i regret this.
"taylor?" he said shocked.

"i-uh hey um i just i was-" i kept stuttering because i was so nervous he was gonna day the words i didn't want to hear. i'm sorry i just don't like you anymore. just like my previous boyfriend from forever ago in high school.

"i'm so sorry taylor. i didn't mean anything i said to you at the airport."