the interview

[chapter 13]

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

{taylors point of view}

"why'd you do it tyler? you just left me." i said starting to shake and feel sick at the memory.

"i really don't even know what the hell i was thinking taylor."

"things were going so well and then my entire life turned to crap." i had officially started crying again.

i just want to be happy.

"i know tay things were so good and i was the most happy i've ever been with a girl and i just was scared i'd lose you."
"we live so far apart what if you found someone better?" he said.

"tyler i've had a crush on you since i was a junior in high school you knew i liked you since before we even knew each other."

"i know i like you so much please forgive me. i haven't been myself since that day in the airport i miss you. i miss you so much. please forgive me."

"tyler you know i can't just forgive that easily. i'll try but it's just hard. right after you dumped me pretty much in the airport i found out my grandfather had cancer."
"i just don't know how to be happy anymore. i can't live without him and i really don't want to live without you." i said trying to gather myself.

"taylor i'm so sorry for putting you through this. i could have and should have been there for you when you found out and i really hate myself for it." he said and i could tell he was crying and truly felt bad.

"we are both going through so much i understand why you said those things to me. you were overwhelmed. i was too but in a good way." i said finally stopping crying.

"the best way possible. i want to be how we used to be. we need to talk in person and work things out. we play in california the same time as you next week. can we talk then please it's okay if you don't want to i understand."

"tyler i think we should. i don't know if i can go though. i'm going home to see my papa before he passes away."

"do you want me to come be with you?"

"yes please i can't do it alone and i know i'll have my parents but they will be upset too." i said.

"okay. i'll come after the game on sunday and see you."

"okay. my parents will be happy to see you they loved you."

"i'll be happy to see them and you. thank you so much for being so understanding you're literally perfect. goodnight."

"goodnight." i said and hung up.

i then went in the apartment with the team and we all hung out. this group of girls meant so freaking much to me. they were like my second family. they always always knew how to cheer me up.

we all laughed and had fun and i was finally starting to feel happy again. i knew i needed it after how hard these past weeks have been and i just wanted to relax.

it was now sunday and i was flying back home. i really wanted to go to california, but i had to see him one last time. all the team even our coaches bought me small little gifts and wrote letters and it was so sweet.

i couldn't have got through any of this without them. tyler constantly texted making sure i was okay and things started to go back to how they used to be. i always had what he said in the back of my mind though.

my mom and dad both picked me up and i just hugged them. this wasn't just hard for me and i realized that when i started to realize how close all of us were to him.

we went to the hospital in germantown which was right near memphis where he lived. we stopped by target first and decided to get him his favorite food ever. corn.

weird but true. it was kind of like an inside joke because when i was little and would go hang out with him we always ate corn. so much i started bringing it for lunch just so i'd be like him.

along we that we got him his favorite movie indiana jones the first one of course and we bought a kite. he always like taking me out to the river when it was a nice day out and we'd fly it.

when we got to the hospital room and walked in i ran over and hugged him. he smiled at us at hugged me back though i could tell he was week.

"how's my favorite granddaughter?" he asked smiling.

"she's really good how's my favorite grandfather?" i asked laughing.

"better than ever. i feel great i really do i'm excited to hang out with you these next few days." he said and i mean it he was the happiest guy ever. you couldn't even tell how sick he was because he always looked on the bright side.

i wanted to be just like him. god i wish i could be he is so perfect i need a man like him. honestly tyler kind of reminds me of him. i have him his presents and he started laughing at the corn.

"oh my favorite!! and we have to go out and fly this kite tomorrow!!" he said.

"yes we do and actually i have a friend coming down here tomorrow i want you to meet."

"oh is this friend a boy or a girl?"

"it's a boy he actually plays for miami heat and he reminds me a lot of you i think you'd both get along really well. we kind of had a falling out, but we made back up."

"i think i've heard of him before you know i stay watching basketball it's the only good thing about this damned place that and my nurse aaniya she's a pretty thing."

"ohh you out here pullin aren't you papa you stay getting all these ladies i mean who could resist the best basketball player in memphis?"

"well second best besides penny, but yeah the ladies love me. anyways he needs to come fly the kite with us."

"i'm sure he'd love to!! i can't wait." i said and put the indiana jones movie in the dvd player.

we watched it and i made him his corn so he could eat it and we just hung out. just like old times. he wasn't my sick dying grandpa he was just my grandpa.

after watching that movie we watched tylers game. he did really good and my grandpa was impressed telling me i picked a good one. he remembered him because he knew i had a crush on him a few years back.

at around 10 that night i had to leave because visiting hours were done. i hugged him and told him i loved him and left. i really didn't want to leave i wanted to spend all the time left with him.

i got home and tyler texted saying he was leaving to come to memphis at around 2 am tomorrow. he was staying in a hotel a few blocks from my house so i'd just pick him up on my way to visit my grandpa. i texted him okay and told him good game then goodnight before getting in bed.

i was woken up at around 5 that morning with the news that my papa had passed away peacefully in his sleep.