the interview

{chapter 14}

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

[taylors point of view]

i didn't do anything but sit in my room that day. tyler came over and talked to me about how proud he was and tried to cheer me up. i know he wouldn't want me to be sad but it's hard.

we didn't even get to fly the kite like we were supposed to. i don't understand he looked and seemed so good yesterday. at least he was happy and i got to see him again.

my mom gave me a letter that he had wrote to me from when we hung out.

dear taylor,

     it was so great seeing you a final time in person. i know you are upset right now and i don't want you to be. i am always in your heart and watching over you in heaven.

  go out today and fly the kite with tyler and tell him how you feel. i know how much you like him i can tell he's a keeper. yes he made a mistake and i have too.

    i didn't get to be with you in person as you grow up and have kids, but you bet your ass i'm with you ever step of the way.

    you better show tyler and your future kids indiana jones and feed them as much corn as possible. stay true to yourself and keep basketball in your life forever you have a gift that even i couldn't have.

i love you so so much see you soon,
papa❤️.

i looked at the letter with tears coming on it and it made me feel better instantly. i hugged tyler and went in the kitchen with my mom and dad. i pulled them in a group hug.

"cmon guys i'm taking y'all somewhere." i said going to my room with tyler following me. i went in the bathroom and changed into some nike sweats and a memphis state sweatshirt that was my papa's.

"where are we going?" tyler asked.

"the river and i need to talk to you about what happened there." i said grabbing the kite and grabbing his hand.

my parents got in the car as well as tyler and i drove us to the river. my parents always walked alone while we flew the kite and they did that. it was just tyler and i and we got it set up.

"my papa wanted to meet you today and fly the kite, but he said in the letter for us to come here so i wanted to." i said looking at him.

"he seems like a very chill and cool man." tyler said looking out at the river then back at me.

i loved that he said seems like he's still here. because he is. and tyler knew that.

"why did you hurt me so much ty? i thought we were about to get to the stage of really liking each other then you just left me. all alone when i really needed someone." i said looking out.

"i-i just i've never been good with relationships and i was scared, but i'm not anymore." he said grabbing my hand and holding it.

"i want you taylor. i want you so much and it's kinda scary, but i don't care i just want you." he said and he leaned in.

then he kissed me. it was different than the other times. i don't know how it just was. we pulled away and realized we accidentally let go of the kite. we watched it go up in the air and he hugged me.

[time skip]

tyler of course had to leave because he had a game and i had just got back to kentucky after my papa's funeral. eva and jaida helped me a lot through it, but my parents and tyler helped the most.

honestly i don't know if we are a thing or not. i think we kind of are but just not official but i could be wrong. i was shooting before a game and then we went to eat.

i put on my jersey and my basketball shoes that i wrote my papa's name on. i had an interview before the game so i went to go do that.

"how have you been taylor you haven't been at the past few games and we saw your instagram post for your grandfather so sorry for your loss." the lady said.

"yeah it's honestly been a pretty tuff few weeks and sadly my grandfather passed, but i know he's with me at all times and probably having the time of his life in heaven right now." i said laughing.

"we're glad you could get through it we also heard that tyler was a big help during this time."

"yes he was and my family was as well as the team. they all made sure i was okay and it just really helped."

"yes y'all are playing usc today are you nervous?"

"no i'm excited this game is for him and i hope i do really well i haven't played a game in a week and i'm just ready to get back on the floor."

"well good luck tonight."

"thank you so much." i said walking off and warming up for the game.

i played so good probably the best i've ever played in my college career. i dropped 38 points and had a triple double. i actually dropped my 1000 point which was just insane and i didn't think i would do.

at the end of the game i pointed up and started to cry. the whole team jumped on me and we all cheered. it really meant a lot even the other team came and congratulated me.

my post game interview was very cheerful and fun and after the whole team went out to celebrate and get food. my mom face timed me with my dad and they both congratulated me. my papa would be so proud.

after we celebrated and ate i got back to the apartment with eva and she went to take a shower while i watched tv. tyler face timed me and i answered.

"CONGRATULATIONS ON 1,000 POINT TAY!!" he screamed.

"thank you!!!" i said back laughing  at him.

"i'm so fucking proud of you and wish i was their to celebrate with you. maybe even get those d1 babies goin."

"ha ha tyler nice one. i wish you were here too though to celebrate. not anything else though." i said laughing.

we talked on the phone for a while and i eventually fell asleep with him still on their. my life is really starting to look up.