Chapter 3 - Lizzie Hunter

"Elizabeth Hunter?" Says McGonagall as lifts the hat from the stool once again. 

I was the 3rd one to be called up to get sorted which honestly isn't that bad because a girl with dark brown hair was called first and you could see her trembling. I walk up to the stool and thought carefully to myself of which house I could end up in. I didn't have much knowledge of them but girl in my compartment on the train explained the basic facts if each house. 

As the hat was being placed on my head I felt a shiver of nervousness down my spine. I could feel the tension, which made me anxious. I waited to hear the mumbling words of the hat but it didn't say anything other than a quiet mumble. 

"GRYFFINDOR!" it finally called.

I walked to the Gryffindor table and got a couple high fives and a bunch of people were cheering. I sat across from two girls who looked to be my age. The first one was the first to get sorted had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She gave me a very warm welcoming smile, as the second girl with short blonde gave me a high five.

The feast went on for about an hour and a half and then we were all taken to our houses by the prefects. At the common room we were told by the Gryffindor professor that there would be 4 people per dorm.

To my surprise my bags had already been brought up to our rooms and my roommates were also the girl with blonde hair and the girl with brown hair from the feast and they were talking to each other on their beds. Then there was another girl who had brown hair and glasses. She was reading a book and I said Hello. She looked up at me and gave me the smallest grin and returned my Hello. 

The girl with dark brown hair came over and introduced herself as Mia. Then she told me the girl with blonde hair's name was Jamie. I introduced myself and we engaged ourselves in conversation for a little before we started unpacking.

 I kept looking over at the quiet girl who just kept reading her book and she didn't even look up once.

"Are you going to unpack your things?" I asked.

"I'll just do that later," she replied

"Okay, but it would be a good idea to do it now because tomorrows the first day of classes and it will make everything easier," I said.

She looked up from her book and stared at me blankly. She then closed her book up and said, "You're right. I should do that before it gets late." She smiled and said, "My name is Alana." and held out her hand. I took it and said, "Hi, My name is Lizzie."

EDITED

Word Count: 477