Chapter 9 - Mia

This summer was great. Lizzie and Amelia stayed with us for most of the summer because Charlie wanted the family to spend time with Amelia and Lizzie came along too. So we all went to school shopping together. And this year we get to go to Hogsmeade on weekends too. 

"Are you ladies ready to go?" my mom shouts from downstairs.

"Yeah, we'll be right down!" I say. Lizzie and I start heading downstairs.

"I can't believe we get to go to Hogsmeade this year. We are going to have so much fun at the shops," says Lizzie. 

**

"Are you ready yet?" Alana asks.

"Yep," I answer.

We all leave together and walk to the yard with our permission slips and wait until we are called to give them to Professor McGonagall. Then we left and it took about 10 minutes to get down to Hogsmeade.

"What do you guys want to do first?" I asked.

**

"Let's go to Honeydukes," says Jamie as she quickly walks to the store. It's Christmas time so we are all at Hogsmeade to do some last minute shopping.

We were in the store and I separate from my friends for a little bit to go look for exploding bon-bons. When I finally found them and went over to reach for the last one someone else took it. I couldn't quite see the face but then I noticed that it was a boy. He was a little taller than me but didn't look much older. Then I noticed who it was.

It was Noah Anderson the beater for Gryffindor. He was a fourth-year and honestly pretty cute now that I see him up close. He has dark brown hair dark, blue eyes, and freckles. We never really talked but then he noticed that I was grabbing for the candy and he freezed.

"Um, were you going to get this?" he asks.

"Yeah, but you can have it there are plenty of other candies around here. And they probably have more somewhere around here. I'll just go-" I tried to finish but he interrupted me.

"No! Um... take it. It's ok. I didn't really want it that much anyways" he says putting his hands in his pockets.

"Um...ok...thanks," I said. I tried not to blush as our hands brushed against each other but I think he noticed.

"Yeah, of course. Um... see you at practice then?" he asks shyly.

"Yeah,"

I walk back to my friends and I see them looking directly at my with small grins.

"Who was that?" asked Lizzie like she was listening the whole time and knew exactly who that was.

"Nobody..." I say quietly.

"Suuuuure... anyways did you get the bon-bons because I want to go look at things other than you mooning for a boy," says Jamie.

"Yeah, let's go," I say rolling my eyes. 

After our exchange we've been bumped into each other a lot and started to talk more. He helped me fly more steadily on my broom and found out we had a lot in common.

**

"Ready?" says Jamie.

"Yep, let's go," I say.

"Are you gonna be ok? You seemed distracted lately," Asks Jamie.

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Ok guys! Let's split up into two teams and start warming up!" says Delilah.

Time Skip: After practice

"Hey Mia! Can I talk to you?" asks Noah as we are leaving the field.

"Yeah sure!" I said, "I'll meet you at the dorm." Jamie nods and walks away.

"So um.. are you going to the Christmas party at the Ravenclaw common room this weekend?" he asks.

"Yeah," I said.

"Do you want to go with me?" he asks

"Um...yeah sure!" I say excitedly. Then I give him a quick hug, "I'll see you there!"

"Yeah, uh.. okay!" he says.

**

"What happened? What did he want?" were the questions that my friends asked when I walked into the room.

"He asked me to go with him to the Christmas party. But I was supposed to go with you guys! I feel bad!" I say.

"Who cares! You have a date with one of the cutest boys in all of Hogwarts!" says Alana.

"Not to mention that he's awesome at playing Quidditch," says Jamie.

"Yeah, he is pretty cool," I said.

"What I would give to be asked to a party by a boy! Oh, this is so amazing! You guys are gonna be the cutest couple ever!" says Lizzie excitedly.

"Woah, woah, woah, we're not a couple. He just asked me go with him to a party," I said. At least not yet.

**

I'm putting my hair up in a ponytale and I'm wearing a white skirt, a green sweater with a black collar, some tights and Mary Janes. Then I hear a knock on the door and my friends all look at me excitingly while I open the door.

"Hi, Mia." Noah says. He's wearing a gray sweater that makes him look very handsome.

"Hi, Noah." 

"Um, you ready?"  

"Yeah." 

I wave goodbye to my friends and they give me a thumbs up before I close the door behind me.

**

We spent the entire night talking and dancing but I eventually start missing my friends because they decided not to go after all.

"Hey, is it okay if we leave a little early? I'm starting to get tired and I have to go back home for Christmas tomorrow." I ask trying to yell through the loud music.

"Sure." he yells back, looking a little disappointed.

We leave the common room and he asks if I want to walk through the field and I agree.

"Um.. I had a lot of fun tonight." I start to say but he cuts me off.

"Just so you know I really really like you. Like a lot." he says.

I look at him in shock.

"Aw shite. Did I say something wrong? I'm so sor-" but I cut him off with a kiss and he melts into it. It was only for a couple seconds but the moment felt like years. 

When I finally open my eyes and pull away I say, "I really like you too." then I kissed him again. 

He walked me back to my dorm with my hand in his and we didn't say much but my heart was racing and I felt very smiley.

"Goodnight, Noah." I said when we got back to the dorm. 

"Goodnight, Mia." 

EDITED

Word Count: 1022