Chapter 6 - Jamie

This is Quidditch try-outs week! I've been waiting for this moment my entire life. Literally, the first thing I put on my wish list every Christmas Holiday since I was 6 was a broom. So I've been trying to get as much practice as I can until the big day. So right now we are all going down to the yard to play together.

"I can't believe I agreed to this. Do you know how much extra credit I could have finished this weekend if I haven't spent the entire time playing quidditch with you?" complained Alana.

"Its the second week of school and you're already thinking about extra credit?"

Mia laughs, "You really want to be a chaser, don't you? I mean I've never seen someone so dedicated to a school activity. Come on, it's Sunday, can't we just relax? The great hall is open, we should go get some snacks!"

"I don't know. I need to keep practicing if I want to get on the team."

"Ugh, pleeease. I can't stand doing another minute of this," Lizzie begs.

"Ok, fine. But when we get back can we play 2 v. 2,... please?" I ask and they all reluctantly agree.

We go down to the great hall where there are a bunch of year sevens hanging out and a couple of other years are there too. We go sit down and eat some snacks. When we are getting up to go back outside I see the quidditch team come inside and sit down. They probably just got back from practice because they are wearing their uniform. That's exactly who I want to be. 

But to get there, I need to practice. So after we go back to the yard and play one last time, we go inside for dinner. My team obviously won. I had Mia, who's honestly really good. She could even get on the team, if she really wanted to. But she's still on the fence.

**

"Seriously Mia, you're really good! You should at least try!" says Lizzie.

"I already told you guys. I only play at home. And besides, I don't want to do anything to hurt Jamie. What if I get in and she doesn't?" says Mia.

"Um, I'm right here? And besides it wouldn't matter if I don't get in, if it's meant to be, it will happen."

We all stare at her intently as she thinks about it. 

"I... ok, fine," Mia says finally.

We all jump around her in excitement. But then I start to think...what if I don't get in?

**

"I'm nervous," says Mia.

"Don't be, I'm right here next to you!"

"OK, let's get this started. I'm gonna separate you guys into two teams. Then you play against each other and we'll post the team list in the common room tomorrow based on your skills you showcase today." said Delilah Smith, the team captain.

Me and Mia are put same team, I'm a chaser and she's the seeker. We play for about an hour and I've already scored a couple points. The game then ends as Mia catches the snitch leaving the final score as 270 to 140. When we get back on the ground, Delilah shakes everyone's hand and compliments me saying that I'm a really good chaser, which makes my stomach flip and I thank her and watch as she walks away. Nina and I walk out of the Quidditch pitch and we see Lizzie and Alana shouting towards us with huge grins on their faces. 

"You guys looked so good out there!" Alana exclaims.

"I've never seen people play quidditch better than you guys!" says Lizzie.

"I am almost 100% sure you guys are getting on the team!"

"Don't jinx us. We still have to wait until tomorrow." I say, breathless. Mia still hasn't said anything.

"Are you ok?" Alana asks her, softly.

Mia looks up and says, "Yeah, I can't believe I did that." 

"Well you better believe it, cause you were awesome!" I tell her

We all laugh and make our way back to our dorm to freshen up for dinner.

**

"Ok, everyone calm down. Remember, only 5 people got on the team this year," says Delilah.

All of us are sitting on the couch, waiting patiently for the crowd to die down a little before checking the list.

"Oh god. This is making me so nervous," says Lizzie.

"You didn't even try-out," Alana chuckles to herself, as she reads a book completely unfazed.

"Yeah, but I'm nervous for them!"

"Oh my god, be quiet! She's putting it up now!" I say.

I wait for a second until the crowd dies down and once it does I make my way to the front, reading the list from top to bottom. I go back behind everyone and I see my friends waiting for the results.

"Guys... we got in!" I scream.

"Wait, what, both of us?" asks Mia urgently.

"Yep! I'm a chaser and you're the seeker!" I answer. We all cheer and shout with excitement.

EDITED

Word Count: 810