Chapter 4 - Alana Campbell

My mother has always said I'm a quiet kid. She tells everyone that I'm shy until you get to know me, which is sometimes true. When people get to know me I can get comfortable around them. When there are random people in the same compartment as on a train me, I won't randomly start a conversation. So when I was on the train and no compartments were empty I had no choice but to sit with two people I don't know.

**

The day I left for Hogwarts was very anti-climactic. I got ready, said goodbye to my parents, and then got on the train. The only interesting part of the day that was is that I made a friend. She's one of my roommates and our beds are next to each other. She said her name was Lizzie. She has caramel-colored curly hair and greenish eyes. The other two I met on the train both seemed close but I don't talk to them much.

On the first day of classes, we met our professors. Most were very old and slow. Classes were a lot more entertaining than regular school. We had transfiguration and potions instead of history and science. I'm in the same classes as all the girls in my dorm, so I decided to sit with them since I don't know anybody else. After the first day we had a huge feast and it was loud so I decided to talk to Lizzie. We had a conversation about our family and classes. Then Jamie and Mia joined in and we had a great conversation with them about what we want to do with our future here. I think we are all beginning to become friends.

**

During our time at Hogwarts I've been getting really good grades and Mia, Lizzie, Jamie, and me have gotten really close. We know almost everything about each other. At lunch we all sat down together to study for our transfiguration exam.

"I can't do it!" whined Mia.

"Yes, you can. You're holding your wand too tight. Just relax." I say calmly.

Mia relaxed her shoulders and tried the spell again, and finished it flawlessly. She immediately let go of her wand and hugged her as tight as possible yelling "Thank you! I don't know what I'd do without you." We all laughed, went to lunch, and then left to take the exam. Mia passed and so did everyone else. 

**

As we packed up, Lizzie was talking about how much she'd miss all of us back home and said she'd try her best to send owls frequently. When our bags were picked up we left for the common room to meet our head of house, Professor Longbottom. He's the herbology professor and my favorite teacher. I always loved plants but he has definitely shown me that they are even better in the wizarding world.

"You will be missed first years and be careful with the magic that you've learned here. Try not to use it outside of home. I'm excited to see what next year brings." He says before he takes us outside to the boats. 

When we got on the train we found an empty compartment and talked about how we would communicate and exchanged addresses to send owls.

When we finally got to the train station I saw my family again and was so happy. As soon as we  said our goodbyes I ran over to my parents to tell them about all about my first year at Hogwarts.

EDITED

Word Count: 788