Chapter 12 - Alana

A week before 3rd-year finals. I've been studying with my friends for the past 2 weeks. We arrived at our first class of the day which is Defense Against the Dark Arts and only a few kids are there waiting for the class to start. When I walk up to my desk I see a group of boys sitting and talking to each other.

I walk up to them and tap a boy with longish black hair wearing a Slytherin uniform. He's sitting on my desk.

"Um, excuse me, this is my seat. Could you please get off?" I ask. He turns around and looks at me up and down with his dark brown eyes. It's Jaxon Davies.

"Why, hello," he says with a grin.

"You're sitting on my desk. Could you please get off?" I ask.

"No, I think I'm okay here," he says and turns back around to his friends. Ugh. Our Professor then tries to call our class to order soI look back over to him and he's moving to the desk next to mine.

"Ok, for this unit we are doing a project," the Professor says, "You will work in partners to perfect you stunning spells and on Monday you will present them to the class," Everyone looks excitedly around the room looking to each of their friends. The Professor then says, "I will be choosing your partners." Everyone goes silent

"Ok, so..." he goes on and on with a list of people he has going together. Then he finally gets to me, "Alana Campbell you will be with Jaxon Davies." I look over at Jaxon who then winks at me. Oh no.

**

"Ok, students get with your partner and you will start researching your spells and jinxes for the first half of today. Then once you have chosen 5, and I have approved them, you will begin practicing on each other." says the Professor. I begin hesitantly getting up from my desk and once again there are boys (and girls) from all different houses crowding him like he's famous. 

"Excuse me," I say as I pass through the crowd. I tap him on his shoulder and he looks at me like annoyed. 

"Oh, it's you." 

"Yeah, it's me. Can we please start working on our assignment?"

"What's the rush?" 

I stare at him for a second. Unbelievable. 

"Look, I'm just trying to get a good grade for the last assignment of the year," I tell him.

"And I'm just trying to have a good time for my  3rd year at Hogwarts." He tells me like this is the most important last few days of his life. I roll my eyes at him and return to my desk, open my book, and start looking for stunning spells for the assignment. 

A few minutes later he approaches my desk. I look up blankly because I wasn't expecting him to come over.

"Do you want to meet me at the library after classes are over?"

"What?"

"For the project. Let's meet at around 5 in the library."

"Uh... okay."

**

"Who did you get paired with?" asks Mia.

"Jaxon Davies," I say

"Oh," says Lizzie.

"What?" Jamie asks as she opens her chocolate frog box, suddenly paying attention.