Chapter 11 - Lizzie

Today is going to be such a busy day. First, we have to go to a quidditch game in the morning and then we go to Hogsmeade for the rest of the day. Then after Hogsmeade, we go back to our dorm and have a 2-hour study session for our finals.

"Are you ready to go?" asks Alana already halfway through the door.

"Yeah," I say. "Just give me 2 more minutes,"

We walk out to the Quidditch pitch and I notice that the Ravenclaw team is still outside of the pitch. Aren't they supposed to be inside? I thought. Then it hit me. They only have 6 players. Where's the 7th? They'd have to forfeit if the other player doesn't come soon. As we walk closer to the entrance I feel a slight shove. A kid about my age shoves me to the side.

"Hey!" I yell after him

"Sorry!" he yells as he looks back. Our eyes lock and we look at each other a lot longer than we should. He has hazel eyes and messy blonde hair. 

"What was that?" asks Alana.

"Nothing, he bumped into me and now my arm hurts. Let's go before we miss the game." I say quickly as we start to walk up into the stands.

The was still going for about 30 min and it was pretty close, 120 to 290. We were the 140, obviously. When the Ravenclaw team were passing by I caught the eye of the boy who I bumped into earlier caught my eye again during the game and he almost got hit by a bludger. 

After the game

"Great job guys!" says Alana when we found Jamie and Mia after the game.

"Thanks!" Mia says.

"Hey!" I hear from behind me. I turn around and see the kid who pushed me earlier.

"Hello?" I say in confusion. 

"I just wanted to say sorry that I pushed you. And wanted to see if you wanted to go get a drink at the three broomsticks this weekend?" he asked quietly.

"Um," I say. I look around at my friends who look like they are about to start a giggle fit and Sofia nods as if saying I should say yes. "Sure, sound good."

"O-ok great," he says, "See you on Saturday."

"See you," I say quietly. Then I turn around slowly. "Okayyy..."

"Ooooo, Lizzie's going on a date," says Jamie in a mocking way.

"It's not a date," I tell her.

"It kind of is," says Mia excitedly.

"I barely know him!" I said.

"Then why did you say yes?" asks Alana.

"Because it would be rude not to!" I argue.

"Suuure," she says as I walk away from the conversation.

**

"I'm gonna go look for blondie," I say as I walk to the three broomsticks. 

"Ooo, pet name's, I see." Alana says mockingly as I walk away. My friends laugh and walk in the opposite direction. When I get closer see him waiting in a corner table as I open the door.

"Hey," I say as I sit across from him.

"Hi," he says quietly.

"Sooo... you never actually told me your name," I say.

"Oh yeah, right... my name is Mason Wright," he says.

"My name is Elizabeth Hunter. But you can call me Lizzie. Nice to meet you, Mason," I say stretching out my hand and he takes it .

We got our drinks and talked for a while. It was nice.

**

"So, how was your date with blondie," asks Jamie in a mocking way.

"First of all, it wasn't a date. And second, we kind of just talked and it was kind of nice and Mason's a really sweet guy." I say.

"Omg, you like him!" says Mia.

"No, I don't, we're just friends," I say.

"You like him. I know because when you say his name your eyes widen and you smile," she says.

"I don't," I say.

"If you say so," says Alana.

**

"Oh, the owls are here!" says Alana.

Everyone looks up at the thousand of owls carrying various packages and letters from friends and family. As I look at the pile of letters in front of all of us and we look through them I see a letter from my parents and then another letter for me. It just has my name on it and nothing else written. I opened it and it said:

Lizzie,

I had a really nice time yesterday and was wondering if you would like to go on proper date next weekend. 

Mason

I look across the great hall to the Ravenclaw table trying to find Mason who is already looking at me. I nod and smile. Then turn around to see my friends staring at me with knowing looks.

Alana opens her mouth starting to say "I told you so" but I cut her off.

"Shut up," I say rolling my eyes but then I gently tuck the letter into my bag for safe keeping.

EDITED

Word Count: 791