Kid x Reader

With the wall imagine the one from Divergent except it being thicker and a bit taller.

(F/n)'s Pov

"What do you thinks out there? Was a fence this big really necessary?" I asked Kid. He turned to look at me and shrugged.

"No fucking clue." He turned to look back out as the sun slowly set behind the horizon.

"We should go Kid, it's going to be pitch black when we get home" I tugged in his arm and started to head back down.

"I'll be down in a sec."

I sighed and continued, knowing just how curious he is. Once I was on the ground I waited a little while for him but he still hadn't come down.

"Kid!" I yelled, no reply.

"Kid!" I yelled once more, still no reply. I got worried but waited a little longer. Suddenly footsteps came from the direction behind me and I turned to see his best friend Killer, holding a lit torch.

"He still up there?" He asked, I just nodded.

I made conversation with Killer and by now the sun had completely set, "want me to go up there?" Killer spoke.

"No, he'll be down soon... hopefully." I whispered. Killer nodded and gave me a brief hug.

Soon enough Kid was down with a vicious grin. I sighed and gave him a hug, also enjoying the warmth he gave off.

"What took you so long?" I asked when I pulled away.

"Tried to see if anything would come out."

"Oh.."

~~~~~

"Kid are you leaving again?"

"Yeah, but this time I'm only going to try and get some scrap metal from outside."

"Outside the wall?" I was nervous, he had done this before and didn't come back until the next few days.

"Yeah."

"Please don't." I grabbed his forearm but he shrugged it off, turning to me to kiss my forehead then leaving without a word.

I couldn't help the single tear that ran down my face. I loved him and had no one else in the world. I turned to look around the tiny space we lived in then grabbed the small basket I had.

I went to our trading cupboard and grabbed a few things to put in the basket. I decided to go out and see if I could get some seeds from anyone so that I could have something to do in my spare time.

"Hi Usopp, have you got any spare seeds you're willing to trade?" I asked when I reached his shack.

"I think so, come in and I'll show you what I have." He spoke, leading me through the mess he has.

"Yes, I've got tomato, pea and corn seeds I'm willing to trade. Do you happen to have a few nails or some different size spanners?"

"I've got some spare nails at home I think but I have two or three spanners on me now, is that alright?"

"Can I see them please?" I nodded and showed him the tools, he grinned widely and looked back at me, "you got a deal!" He said excitedly.

"Can I have some corn and tomato seeds then?" He nodded and took the tools after giving me some seeds. I smiled and left after thanking him.

~~~~~

"Heat? Did you not go today?" I asked when I reached my home.

"I decided to stay back after last time." He replied, opening the door and entering after myself.