you put me in a place i havent been in a long time

Trust is so hard
I'm starting to believe I can't trust people,
People lie, cheat, and steal
But they also love, nurture, and create

But it is so hard to remain trustful of those that repeatedly break it, trust that is

You think you can trust that if you don't talk about people behind their back they won't talk about you, but they do, only good things you can hope.

Like how hard is it to comprehend that if I tell you that I like someone then it you take that to the grave,
you don't turn around and tell other people who I turn tell the person.

That's messed up.
You could have at least asked permission, I probably would have said yes, but just the fact that you didn't.

If you tell me the person you like,
I'm not going to tell a single soul, unless you want me to of course.

It makes me wonder, can trust be rebuilt?
Is trust a two way thing?
Cause to me trust and love fall hand and hand.
And if I trust and love you and you don't trust or love me, does this "bridge" of a relationship sink?

Can I trust that if I tell you something, you'll listen?
Can I trust that if I let you close to me, you won't break my heart?
Can I trust that you will be there?
Can I trust you?

Sometimes I trust and love people so much that when they break my trust it absolutely shakes my world and leaves me in the debris of myself.
Alone and self isolated to put myself together again with a new layer of protection. A new wall to put some distance between myself and those around me.

Alone, myself
I think the only person I can truly and fully trust is myself, at least I know she'll understand me.
(Well sometimes at least)
But I have to believe that there are good people, I don't believe in a world where everything is bad, I cannot. Because if I cannot hope for good then I will expect bad, and I never want to do that.