46

Everyone was busy in the cafe, after having filled the balloons with helium, Seollie could finally rest a bit. Erin and Rinji were putting up the air filled letter-balloons on the wall saying 'happy 17th, loser.'

Hyunjin had rushed off to the other tea store, the bubble tea café after helping get all the preparations dome for the girls to prepare for his own small surprise.

He had ordered a small cake and prepared a little but of decorations on his own part, hanging strands of shiny party paper. It was only him and two baristas in the café, he had made a reservation for the whole afternoon. He was suddenly nervous that he kept checking his phone for notifications every second when there were clearly none.

On the other hand, Yuha, it was time for her to scream to her lamp and throw some clothes at the wall of her room. Fishing out for a decent thing to wear was always the hardest for Yuha, nothing ever seemed 'nice' enough.

At last, she decided it was just about meeting a friend and took out a pair of black jeans and wore a simple beige tshirt layered with a warm fluffy jacket with white shoes. Basic.

Jinnie was all that was on her mind, it seemed crazy to be finally meeting someone she had grown feeling for —online, it was cliché.

She was about to get out when it suddenly hit her that she was to meet Hyunjin at their usual café for a drink. She knew that Hyunjin probably prepared something for her since it was her birthday but she just couldn't wait to see Jinnie.

-

+yuha

The sky was clear with a few lonely, lingering clouds, the only sound I heard was the bus's engine. The bus was almost empty on a cold December day, I tightened my jacket as the chilly wind blew through the window.

Getting out of the bus, I could see the rush of people in town, everyone was busy with their own lives, not minding the presence of any other people.

Although the sky was clear, my mind was fuzzy a whole mess, I couldn't decide on who to meet first but trusting my guts I fastened my steps to the café since I knew he would be waiting for me.

Ting.

The sound of the bell above the door welcomed me into the café, a soft jazz music playing in the background, the café was empty.

Except it wasn't.

Hwang Hyunjin.

_

"Hyunjin," I said as I fished out my phone from my small messenger bag. "What are you doing here?"

"What brings you here?" He replied with a question, I looked up at him from my phone and raised my eyebrows at him smiling at me. It started again. The jitters of electricity filling my entire body, I shook my head to get a grip on myself. Not the right time to be fluttering, Yuha.

"I'm meeting a friend, I don't get it, he's isn't here and I'm already twenty minutes late," I scrolled through our old conversations on Instagram trying to find his phone number.

"Did it ever occur to you—" I smiled and clicked on the call button, putting the phone on my ear, making Hyunjin stop midway of his question.

-

A ringtone rang in the empty room, Yuha glanced up from her phone, battling her eyelashes, she opened her mouth and closed it, nothing coming out of her mouth.

Hyunjin answered his call and spoke to his phone, "I see you're late, Miss Yuha."

Yuha was staring at Hyunjin, she was at loss of words. Hyunjin got out of his seat at the table and walked to Yuha making her feel all conscious of her own self.

"I don't get it—It just—what just—ugh..." Yuha said her hands falling loose, dropping her phone.

Hyunjin looked at her straight in the eye and spoke,"I know I did wrong so many times, I shouldn't have lied in the very start and for that I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. The thought of you thinking of Jinnie and me as different people always bugged me ever since we met in real, I swear, it wasn't planned. I contemplated telling you the truth so many times but I was selfish and scared that you wouldn't come to see me anymore and I treasured hanging out and talking with you into the night so much that my selfishness got the best of me. I'm sorry."

Yuha just kept quiet, feeling nervous as ever, her fingers were shaking and her head was in a state of frenzy, and all thanks to Hwang Hyunjin.

"I-i can't take this in, what do you mean you are Jinnie?" Yuha just stood there still shocked by the sudden revelation.

"Look, I'm sorry but let's talk about this calmly, Okay?" He was careful with his words and held her hand and led her to the table. He took out his phone and quickly texted Seollie.

sir hyunjin
i told her, we'll be there
in like two hours

-

[a/n: please support this lovely author, she slaps the readers with her amazing storylines taestuIip :< '60days' deserves so much more reads than that, istg. It's worth it. I can't rant all day if i have to]