~Chapter Six: Meet Ben Solo~

Ren watches Ben as he rests. The thoughts about the light come flooding back to her. Ben wakes up, disoriented. He realizes he is at an angle. Looking over he spots Ren sitting on the floor watching him.

   "Where am I?" Ben asks.

   "You're my guest," Ren responds.

   "Where are the others?"

   "You mean the murderers, traitors and thieves you call friends?" Ben stares at her. "You'll be relieved to hear that I have no idea." Ben studies her curiously. "You still want to kill me."

   "That happens when you're being hunted by a creature in a mask," Ben says calmly but inside he was nervous. Ren's back straightens, considering his words, she smiles. She reaches up and begins undoing her mask. Ben is stunned, there before him was the most beautiful person he had ever seen. Her eyes were a deep but light shade of E/C. Her hair looked soft to the touch. He could feel something in him pounding and it was strange to him.

   "Tell me about the droid," she spoke softly and in a kind tone. Ben takes a moment.

   "He's a BB unit with a selenium drive and a thermal hyperscan vindicator-"

   "He's carrying a section of a navigational chart. We have the rest, we recovered it from the archives of the Empire. We need the last piece. And somehow, you convinced the droid to show it to you. You. A scoundrel, a scavenger?" Ben laughs lightly. "Why are you laughing?"

   "My mom calls my dad that," she looks at him with a strange look, confusion. "Scoundrel will do. Princess."

   "Are you mocking me?"

   "Never," she lets out a light laugh. Ben's chest became hot to the touch. He couldn't breath. How could someone so evil, make him feel so warm.

   "You know I can take whatever I want," she begins walking closer to him. "Not that I want to hurt you but I need that map." She uses the Force to get inside his mind looking through everything. "You're so lonely- so afraid to leave, why?" she smiles lightly. "At night, desperate to sleep- you imagine an ocean. I see it- I see the island." Sweat runs down Ben's face as he holds back as best as he can. "And Han Solo. Your father. He will disappoint you."

   "Get out of my head!" Ben yells at her.

   Ren leans towards Ben's face placing her hand on his face gently, "I know you've seen the map. It's in there and now you'll give it to me. Don't be afraid. I feel it too." Ren realizes that he is very strong and tries to coax him into giving her the map.

   "I'm not giving you anything," Ben whispers.

   "We'll see," she smiles. They look into each other's eyes and she could feel her confidence leaving her.

   "You," Ben gasps out. "You're afraid- that you will never be as strong as- Darth Vader," Ben speak. She backs away from him instantly. 

   "How?" she looks at Ben.

   "You know I thought we were having a moment earlier," Ben smirks.

   "A moment?"

   "Yeah, Princess."

   "What makes you think I'm a princess?" she asks in a low voice.

   "I don't know. I just do."

   "Well then, scoundrel, I take my leave," she turns taking her mask.

   "You don't always get what you want do you?" Ben says antagonizing her.

   "Never have," she whispers before walking out and down the hall to Snoke.

   She walks into the room as Snoke looks down at her, "This scavenger, resisted you?"

   "He's strong with the force, untrained but, stronger than he knows," Ren's mind goes to how Ben could see in her head just as she could his.

   "And the droid?" Ren hesitates long enough that General Hux enters the room.

   "Ren believed it was no longer valuable to us," Hux tells Snoke. Ren keeps her face out of Hux's view. "That the boy was all we needed. As a result, the droid has most likely been returned to the hands of the enemy. They may have the map already."

   Snoke became furious, "Then the Resistance must be destroyed before they get to Skywalker."

   "We have their location. We tracked their reconnaissance ship to the Ileenium system."

   "Good. Then we will crush them once and for all. Prepare the weapon." Ren stands there stunned by the moment, that isn't what she wanted.

   "Supreme Leader. I can get the map from the boy. I just need your guidance," Ren states.

   "If what you say about this boy is true, bring him to me."

~~~

   Ben sits in the chair trying to think of a way out. His mind racing over what happened with Ren. He is flooded with emotions, feeling his potential, his strength, that in this moment of being restrained, perhaps anything is possible. He turns to the trooper that stands guard. He studies him for a second before speaking.

   "You will remove these restraints. And leave this cell, with the door open," Ben tells the trooper. The trooper looks over at him then walks over.

   "What did you say?" the trooper asks.

   "You will remove these restraints. And leave this cell, with the door open," he repeats his voice just as nervous as the last time.

   "I'll tighten those restraints scavenger scum!"

   Ben stares intently at the trooper, calming himself, and trying again. "You will remove these restraints. And leave this cell, with the door open."

   "I will remove these restraints. And leave this cell with the door open," the trooper repeats in a mono toned voice. The trooper reaches down and removes the restraints and walks to open the door.

   "And you will drop your weapon," Ben says.

   "And I'll drop my weapon," the trooper does just that as he walks out the door.

   Ben takes a second for shock on how it worked before getting into action.

~~~

   Ren enters the cell seeing that Ben was gone. She was quiet fond of the man that she was holding captive. Her anger went to flair up but it subsided when she though about him.