~Chapter Seven: I Don't Want to Hurt You~

"Ma'am, he was not found in hangar 718 but all troops are on alert," an officer tells Ren as she walks around the base looking for Ben.

   "Put every hangar on lock-down. He's going to try to steal a ship to-" Ren suddenly stops talking turning her head, "Han Solo."

~~~

   Ben climbs up to the corridor, vigilant. He hears a sound and swings the rifle around to find his friends. 

   "Are you all right?" Han asked his son.

   "Yeah," Ben responds.

   "Good."

   "What happened, did she hurt you?" Finn asks Ben, but he just smiles remembering the confrontation from the Kylo Ren. He snaps out of it before turning to Finn.

   "Finn. What are you doing here?" Ben asks.

   "We came back for you." Chewie lets out a moan, making Ben smile. "What'd he say?"

   "That it was your idea," Ben's smile grows as he hugs his friend. "Thank you."

   "How did you get away?"

   "Smooth talking and things you wouldn't believe."

   "Escape now. Hug late- What do you mean smooth talking?" Han asked his son.

   "Oh boy," Ben whispers.

   "No, wait I don't want to know. They're in trouble. We can't leave." Han turns to the group, "My friend here has a bag full of explosives. Let's use them."

   Ben begins to work on some wiring to open the hatch for Han and Chewie to place the explosives. The hatch opens.

   "Kid knows his stuff," Han tells Chewie.

   The two walk into the Oscillator structure. They divide the explosives and talk in hushed tones.

   "We'll set the charges at every other column," Han hands his friend his half. Chewie groans at Han. "You're right. That's a better idea. You take the top. I'll go below. Detonator. We'll meet back here." Han hands Chewie the detonator before going below deck and placing the explosives. Han sees a group of troopers enter the building and hides. Ren walks out and searches the building with her eyes.

   "Find them," Ren says her tone so fiery but calm at the same time. She slowly head down toward the layer Han was on. Han watches as Ren walks towards the giant hole where the filter was. Han watched her closely as she resumed her hunt. She begins walking across the flat bridge to the other side of the filter.

   "Y/n!" Han calls standing just before the bridge. Ren stops walking and turns towards Han.

   "Han Solo. I've been waiting for this day for a long time," her responds sends shivers down Ben's spine as he enters the building, Finn at his side. 

   "Take off that mask. You don't need it."

   "What do you think you'll see if I do?" Han moves towards her.

   "The face of someone I would call family." She takes off her mask. Han gets a sense of pride seeing the beautiful woman she had grown into.

   "You're family is gone. She was weak and foolish, like you. So I destroyed her."

   "That's what Snoke wants you to believe but it's not true. She's alive!"

   "No. The Supreme Leader is wise."

   "Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you, you know it's true." Ben feels his heart break hearing she could be dead before they would see each other again.