~Chapter Eight: A Bond Like No Other~

Ben stands in front of Luke Skywalker. His mother, Leia, told him to find his uncle and figure something out. Ben holds out the lightsaber he had fought Ren with not so long ago. "Master Skywalker? I'm from the Resistance. Leia sent me. We need your help. Hello!"

   "Go away. Chewie, what are you doing here?" Luke asks the wookie who stands next to Ben.

   "He said you're coming back with us."

   "How did you find me?"

   "Long story we'll tell you in the Falcon," Ben turns but Luke grabs his arm.

   "Falcon? Wait. Where's Han?" Ben looks down with a sad expression.

~~~

   "Tied to a string, indeed, General Hux. Well done. The Resistance will soon be in our grasp," Snoke tells the General. The First Order had hunted down the last of the Resistance and was so close to ending all of them. Ren hoped Ben wasn't anywhere near the ship that Hux had gotten the coordinates to.

   "Thank you, Supreme Leader," Hux replies leaving Ren and Snoke alone.

   "You wonder why I keep a rabid cur in such a place of power? The cur's weakness, properly manipulated can be a sharp tool. How's your wound?" Snoke gestures to the woman's neck where Ben had gotten his saber at her.

   "It's nothing," Ren replied.

   "Hmm. The mighty Kylo Ren. When I found you- I saw what all masters live to see. Raw, untamed power. And beyond that, something truly special. The potential of your bloodline. You are from greatness in the Dark side. I was mistaken." Ren looks up at Snoke.

   "I've given everything I have to you. To the Dark side," Ren rises to her feet.

   "Take that ridiculous thing off," Snoke yells. She reaches to her mask, taking it off. "Yes, there it is. You have too much of your mother's heart in you."

   "I killed Han Solo. When the moment came I didn't hesitate."

   "And look at you, the deed split your spirit to the bone. You were unbalanced- bested by a boy who had never held a lightsaber! You failed!" Snoke yells at her. Ren starts towards Snoke but Snoke hits her with lightning. "Skywalker lives. The seed of the Jedi Order lives. And long as it does, hope lives in the galaxy. I though you would be the one to snuff it out. Alas, you're no Vader. You're just a child in a mask!" Ren's face falls. She turns to exit the room, entering the elevator, mask in hand. She lets out a breath before looking at her mask and smashing it into the wall til it's nothing but pieces.

   "Prepare my ship," Ren tells two troopers as she heads to the hangar.

~~~

   "There is no light left in Kylo Ren. She's only getting stronger. The First Order will control all major systems within weeks. We need your help. We need the Jedi Order back. We need Luke Skywalker," Ben says following Luke.

   "You don't need Luke Skywalker," Luke replies.

   "Did you hear a word I just said? I've met her, fought her."

   "You think what?" Luke says turning to Ben. "I'm gonna walk out with a laser sword and face down the whole First Order? What did you think was going to happen here? You think that I came to the most unfindable place in the galaxy for no reason at all? Go away!"

   "I am not leaving without you!" Ben follows Luke through out the days that he stays on the island. Ben walks into the tree like structure. "I know this place."